Reids post game press conference at noon

Started by MURP, September 13, 2005, 11:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

He did himself no healthwise service by staying in that game, but he wasn't coming back any sooner.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 13, 2005, 12:16:05 PM
a couple years ago Steve McNair took a straight on shot to the sternum with a helmet and it took FOREVER to come back from it

mcnair actually came back in a couple weeks if i remember correctly...but ended up rehurting it several times...he eventually had surgery

i think mcnabb will definitely play...but you have to be concerned about reinjury...sf coming off a seven sack game too...though that has mroe to do with st louis awful line

Yes, but also McNair had a deformation in his sternum that caused the injury to be worse. That's why they had to take bone from another part of his body and make an armor plate in his chest.

And SF's sacks had everything to do with STL's piss poor OL. They played Tucker at RT and he was beaten like a hooker by her pimp.

PhillyPhreak54

And another thing...

Remember when we lost that SF game in 2003?

Jim Mora was the DC then. He blitzed a lot and they won. In the NFCCG they did not blitz a lot and they paid dearly for it. His pressure packages were good last night.

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 13, 2005, 12:48:44 PM
And another thing...

Remember when we lost that SF game in 2003?

Jim Mora was the DC then. He blitzed a lot and they won. In the NFCCG they did not blitz a lot and they paid dearly for it. His pressure packages were good last night.

that's what was frustrating, they were coming with big-time pressure, but i didn't think they ran enough screens, or quick traps.  i also would've liked to seen a couple plays where they max protect with 2 backs and a TE, send TO down the field and see what happens.  the one time they went deep was the pick he threw when he got demolished
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

General_Failure

They'd better get Spach learning the fullback spot real soon, this singleback shtein ain't working.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

I agree, Mo.

I think AR knows it too.

And like Larry said last night...usually losses like this open Reid's eyes to the fact that he needs to run it more and get back to plays that eliminate pressure.

ATL's DL & LB did not have to respect the run. They pinned their ears back and went after Donny Mac full on.

methdeez

Two things:
1. Dexter Wynn was awful last night. 1 drop, two (?) he barely caught.
2. As pointed out to me by a 300 lb. Niners fan, they have a 3 game winning streak over us.

SunMo

Quote from: methdeez on September 13, 2005, 03:33:39 PM
Two things:
2. As pointed out to me by a 300 lb. Niners fan, they have a 3 game winning streak over us.

3 games?  i don't think so.  The Eagles won on Monday night game after Donovan got hurt in 2002
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

WEST is GOD

I've always said that the way to beat the Eagles is to blitz the hell out of them. It always seems to work.

As for reinjury to Mcnabb, Mcnair cracked his sternum I believe. Mcnabb's is a bruise. Big difference.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

MURP

Dexter let that ball go too which took a huge Atlanta bounce.   The next one he ran up like maniac to catch it and then fumbled it trying to make up for the previous punt.   Harbaugh has gotta get on him about that or else Reno is gonna be back there.   :paranoid

PoopyfaceMcGee

Dexter wasn't that bad.  Reno would have been worse.

methdeez

Quote from: Sun_Mo on September 13, 2005, 03:35:02 PM
Two things:

3 games?  i don't think so.  The Eagles won on Monday night game after Donovan got hurt in 2002

We lost that game, but AJ won the rest of them.

ice grillin you

i agree...wynn was ok

if the ankle had been 100% and he held his normal explosiveness he would have broke that first return...he just couldnt blast thru the hole
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Wingspan

Wynn was alright. the punt he muffed a bit, but fell on is not something i really take issue with. the way i saw it, the offense was eating their own shtein, so wynn wanted to get that on the run and make a play.

it would have had a great return had it not slipped. wynn gambled on the play in not letting it bounce. and he wound up pushing with the dealer.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

rjs246

Quote from: methdeez on September 13, 2005, 03:38:46 PM
Quote from: Sun_Mo on September 13, 2005, 03:35:02 PM
Two things:

We lost that game, but AJ won the rest of them.

Were you smoking crack that night? The Eagles ROMPED the Niners in that game. Koy had the game of his life before his elbow got smashy smashed.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.