Hugh Douglas and Jon Ritchie cut!

Started by WEST is GOD, September 03, 2005, 03:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

TexasEagle

Quote from: Monster on September 03, 2005, 05:54:53 PM
...but I don't like Parry either.

I don't think anybody likes Parry, he's just the only option since Ritchie's too hurt to help the team.

hunt

anybody surprised sciullo was cut?  that leaves them with a lot of inexperienced guys backing up the OL.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

WEST is GOD

I kinda expected it. He hasn't played very well.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

Beermonkey

Quote from: mhunt on September 03, 2005, 06:19:06 PM
anybody surprised sciullo was cut?  that leaves them with a lot of inexperienced guys backing up the OL.

Not really. Experienced guys that suck don't help much either.  :P

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sciullo played flat-footed.  The guy was ok in pass protection, but getting a push off the line seemed to be an issue.

hunt

well, i will miss sciullo. :'(

not really...i was just throwing his name out there since he actually got some PT last season. :P
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Susquehanna Birder

Funny, I was just outside saying to the wife that I had a sneaking suspicion that Hugh would be cut. They have a lot of talent on that line, he pretty much disappeared, even with the second-stringers, and his short contract assured minimal cap hit.

I really like the guy, and it's a shame that it came down to that. But that's what the NFL does.

FreakisaKearseWord

I'm surprised Thornburg made it, I was pulling for him, but I think we have like 4 free safeties now, 3 on the active roster. But I couldn't see Ritchie and Douglas getting cut. I guess they cut Hugh because they were worried about TO's face.
OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF #90 DARREN HOWARD

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD_Eagle on September 03, 2005, 04:46:15 PM
I thought Hugh's personality and veteran leadership would have been enough to make the team :-\

Don't know how Parry beat Ritchie out, he doesn't lead block as well and his hands aren't as good :boo

Agreed 100%

I suppose in regards to Hugh's veteran leadership they just figured they had enough of that on the defense already with guys like Dawk and Trott.  I'm really sad to see him go.  I wonder if he's going to sign elsewhere or hang 'em up for good? 

General_Failure

MDS

He'll probably hang around, stay in shape and do some TV work. The Eagles will have the usual pack of injuries to the defensive line, and they'll resign him.

If not, he can always crack jokes with Freddie at the unemplyoment line.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Best thing about Reno making the team is I don't have to change my sponsorship. :paranoid

Jacked that Bruce Perry made it.  We're gonna have one small ass backfield though.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

General_Failure

This way we don't have to worr about our power back getting hurt.

PhillyPhreak54

Huuuuuugh! :'(

Sad to see him leave.

I'm not sold on Parry. I think he's still looking for someone to block...but I'll wait and see on that.