Hugh Douglas and Jon Ritchie cut!

Started by WEST is GOD, September 03, 2005, 03:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: MDS on September 04, 2005, 02:55:18 AM
He'll probably hang around, stay in shape and do some TV work. The Eagles will have the usual pack of injuries to the defensive line, and they'll resign him.

If not, he can always crack jokes with Freddie at the unemplyoment line.

I are winnar.  :yay
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Is there anything you didn't guess he would do there? C'mon.

The man. The myth. The legend.

pinoyboy2pt0

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 04, 2005, 04:59:41 AM

I'm not sold on Parry. I think he's still looking for someone to block...but I'll wait and see on that.

Me either.  He drops balls in the open.  He fumbles when no one is around.  He didn't block a Raven LB (not Ray Ray) when they called the qb sneak and that LB made McNabb fumble ( I know...Nabby's fault too).  He looked OK this preseason...but I remember when Ritchie went out with is ACL and they brought Parry in...I thought, OK...he was OK in preseason.  Then he sucked it up.  Hopefully he can improve over last year. 

*Note: was last year his first full year playing FB?  I know he was LB before that.

On another note...Eckel didn't have a bad pre-season...he got cut from the Pats.  Wish the Birds would give him a look.  Let him compete vs Parry next year.
Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No pro bowl WR's.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Retarded special teams.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  "I've got to do a better job."  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Running game shines for 3 plays. Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No adjustments anywhere.  Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  (repeat)

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: pinoyboy2pt0 on September 05, 2005, 03:47:13 AM
On another note...Eckel didn't have a bad pre-season...he got cut from the Pats.  Wish the Birds would give him a look.  Let him compete vs Parry next year.

Looks like we had interest. But Miami has first choice since they sucked so bad last season.

QuoteMiami and the Eagles both showed an interest in Eckel after his release from the Pats, but since Miami finished with a worse record than the Eagles last season, the Dolphins were able to claim Eckel before the Eagles could.

PhillyGirl

Have there been any interviews with Thornberg yet? I'd love to see this kid's reaction to making the team . :yay
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Larry

Quote from: SD_Eagle on September 05, 2005, 05:19:52 AM
Miami and the Eagles both showed an interest in Eckel after his release from the Pats, but since Miami finished with a worse record than the Eagles last season, the Dolphins were able to claim Eckel before the Eagles could.
It's academic anyhow.  The Fish put Eckel on their active roster.  I don't think we were willing to do the same.
More Mahe please.

ice grillin you

if you payed attention you would have seen me call the ritchie cut several months ago

chaulk one up for ole igy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 05, 2005, 11:58:31 AM
if you payed attention you would have seen me call the ritchie cut several months ago

chaulk one up for ole igy

whatever "chaulk"ing is....
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Wingspan

so when can we start dancing on their graves?
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PhillyPhreak54

General_Failure

I'm saving all my dancing for Trotter and Pinkston.

The man. The myth. The legend.

pinoyboy2pt0

Quote from: SD_Eagle on September 05, 2005, 05:19:52 AM
Quote from: pinoyboy2pt0 on September 05, 2005, 03:47:13 AM

Looks like we had interest. But Miami has first choice since they sucked so bad last season.

QuoteMiami and the Eagles both showed an interest in Eckel after his release from the Pats, but since Miami finished with a worse record than the Eagles last season, the Dolphins were able to claim Eckel before the Eagles could.

Damn!  He had a decent pre-season.  I was hoping the birds would have drafted him...him and Adam Bergen.
Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No pro bowl WR's.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Retarded special teams.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  "I've got to do a better job."  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Running game shines for 3 plays. Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No adjustments anywhere.  Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  (repeat)

PhillyPhreak54

I was hoping for Bergen too.

He might be the starter in Arizona this week...

PhillyandBCEagles

Anyone else worried that we really only have 2 backup OGs, neither of whom is proven in the NFL??  I mean I guess Armstrong or Herremans could move inside temporarily if needed, but still...I'm worried about our OL depth.

rjs246

Parry sucks.

Gras sucks.

Those are my two gripes.

Not having Ritchie to lead block for Westbrook is a bad farging idea if Parry is the alternative.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.