Wide receiver Carlos Perez

Cornerback/wide receiver Robert Redd

Fullback Jon Ritchie

Offensive guard Steve Sciullo

Wide receiver Chauncey Stovall

Tight end Andy Thorn

Offensive guard Scott Young

Cornerback Aric Williams

Defensive end Jamaal Green and cornerback Linj Shell were waived/injured.

First to post it!  8)
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

WEST is GOD

Also:

Defensive end Hugh Douglas and fullback Jon Ritchie were among the 19 players the Eagles waived on Saturday, giving players like running back Bruce Perry, fullback Josh Parry and defensive end Juqua Thomas spots on the 53-man roster.

The team also announced the signing of free agent wide receiver Darnerien McCants to a one-year contract. Punter Dirk Johnson was activated from the Physically Unable To Perform list and added to the active roster.

Rookie safety Jeremy Thornburg also made the cut to 53.

PhillyPhanInDC

Wow......that farging sucks. I really thought Ritchie was going to make it. And Hugh is a really big surprise....let's hope Perry and Parry really pick it up.  :-\

Quote from: Monster on September 03, 2005, 03:46:54 PM
Also:

The team also announced the signing of free agent wide receiver Darnerien McCants to a one-year contract. Punter Dirk Johnson was activated from the Physically Unable To Perform list and added to the active roster.

Rookie safety Jeremy Thornburg also made the cut to 53.

That's not bad, glad they only gave him a one year deal. Hopefully at the minimum. Glad to see Thornburg get a spot.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

WEST is GOD

I have a feeling Ritchie may be picked back up later. Kinda like Levens last year.

PhillyPhanInDC

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Rome

No way Ritchie should have been cut. 

Parry sucks ass.  :puke

Sorry to see Hugh go but time marches on, I suppose.

BTW: How the farg do Mahe & Wilbur both make the squad again?  Good God.

:-D

BTW: Here's Spads' explanation about Hugh getting waived and whether he might be back: 

QuoteYou never know, but ... Hugh just got passed by because of Cole and so the Eagles will go 4 DEs until McDougle gets back. 

:-\

WEST is GOD

If Ritchie isn't brought back, then I think the Eagles will go in a different direction than Parry.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhanInDC

True. The fact that Mahe is makes the cut farging baffles me.

WEST is GOD

Quote from: General_Failure on September 03, 2005, 04:06:47 PM
I don't see Simoneau on that list ...

Look harder, and use a bit of your imagination. Eventually it may appear.

Diomedes

I tend to think Ritchie would play a better LB than Simoneau...
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Diomedes on September 03, 2005, 04:08:57 PM

I tend to think Ritchie would play a better LB than Simoneau...

My  four year-old nephew can shed blocks and tackle better than Simoneu....farging waste of a roster spot.

Diomedes

Glad to see Jamaal Green is finally gone.  And Calvin made the team.  :yay
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger