Hugh Douglas and Jon Ritchie cut!

Started by WEST is GOD, September 03, 2005, 03:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerevant

Team Thornburg thanks you all for your support, and we look forward to a productive stint on the active roster.

C
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

BobbyT

Wouldn't suprise me if someone is brought back after week one to negate the guaranteed salary.
"And with 1:16 remaining this place is in a state of shock!"

GeneralZOD

I desperately need to know what the farg does Mahe, McMullen, and Simoneau do to stay on this freakin team!  Everyone knows Detmer is here only because he can hold a football for Akers; he needs to give Akers 80% of his salary and kiss his lucky arse that he's had it good for so long.  I had a small feeling about Hugh, but I didn't want to admit it, especially the way he was about to throw down on TO. Very surprised about Ritchie, but he will find another team.
CF Record Holder - Oldest User With Least Amount of Posts

PoopyfaceMcGee

Hahaha... a Q&A to/from Dave on the EMB:

"Dave, do you still think Hugh will get 8 sacks?"
"I would say that's extremely doubtful."

Larry

Not surprising that we'd go for young blood instead of Hugh.  In fact, RDE, the biggest weakest of our team, has a whole new look.  Last year:

Hugh: 3 sacks
Burgess: 2.5 sacks
McDougle: 2 sacks (which I believe came as a LDE)
Green: 1 sack

Playing opposite the Freak, this is unacceptable.  Kalu, Cole, or even Juqua should do better than that on his own.  Hell, scrubby Kenny Holmes did better than this.
More Mahe please.

TexasEagle

I'm glad Thornburg made the team. He's been a good story all summer. I'm hoping for some good things from Juqua this year. The D should be scary.

Susquehanna Birder

Hugh will become the Dorsey Levens of the D-line. Stay near the phone, Hugh. You might get a call later this season.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on September 04, 2005, 03:06:01 PM
Hugh will become the Dorsey Levens of the D-line. Stay near the phone, Hugh. You might get a call later this season.

Even if it's just to put a contract out on TO.  :D

PoopyfaceMcGee

Pasquerelli lists Marshall and Ma. Patterson as intriguing cuts.  Some national ink might help them land jobs elsewhere:

QuoteDT Keyonta Marshall and LB Martin Patterson, Philadelphia (both rookies): It's likely the Eagles will re-sign both youngsters to the practice squad if they are not claimed by other teams. Marshall was a seventh-round choice from Grand Valley State, a dominant player versus the run at the Division II level who has some tools and size (6-feet-1, 325 pounds). He played well for Philadelphia in camp and the preseason, but lost out in the "numbers" game, because the Eagles are so deep at the position. An undrafted free agent, Patterson tailed off over the last two weeks, but is a youngster worth considering. Like Marshall, he was a victim of the Eagles' depth. A three-year starter at TCU, Patterson sure passes the "eyeball" test.

PhillyPhanInDC

I hope the Skins don't get hip to Keyonta, they have shtein at DT, and Keyonta may turn into a terror, and......I farging hate the Skins.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

WEST is GOD

I do miss Hugh. One of my all-time favorite Eagles.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

General_Failure

No Hugh. No Ike. No Ritchie. No Chad. :-\

Farg Mahe.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MURP

Hollis is gonna have to step it up with the post game quotes to make up for no Hugh. 

BigEd76

FOXSports.com/AP article

QuoteDouglas now may turn his attention toward a career in broadcasting rather than pursue a job with another team.

hmmmm

General_Failure

Good for him. It's time to hang it up.

The man. The myth. The legend.