Hugh Douglas and Jon Ritchie cut!

Started by WEST is GOD, September 03, 2005, 03:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

More from Spadaro... this time on Ritchie:

QuoteRitchie just couldn't run in the end.... I just talked to Heckert. That's what it came down to ... They think Parry is fine.

::)

Man, I disagree with this one.  Parry is teh svck.   :poison

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Larry

I knew Ritchie was in trouble when Spasz said he was neck-and-neck with Parry.  A healthy Ritchie would've blown Parry away.
More Mahe please.

General_Failure

I really liked Ritchie. I'll miss him. MURP at FB for the whole year worries me, even if Andrews is back.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhanInDC

I'm hoping the coaches know something we don't (as if this doesn't happen regularly), I just can't see them being that satisfied with Parry. Hopefully that work that waiver wire.  :-\
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

WEST is GOD

Ritchie doesn't even worry me that much. Hugh is done, that doesn't worry me one bit.

The thing about Ritchie is from watching him it looked like he could hardly move, but even if Parry is better than Ritchie is that good enough?
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

Feva

Blown away by Ritchie... not that surprised about Hugh.

Although we all love Hugh... you gotta admit that he just ain't the same anymore on the field.  He was in there against 2nd and 3rd teamers and still didn't make too much noise.  Still sucks for him not to be here though.  :-\

As for Ritchie... wow... I guess I just firgured that Ritchie 100% or not >>> Parry.  I still saw (and heard) Ritchie blowing people up for Westbrook.  All I can think is that they want to bring him back after the 1st game for some reason.  Still scratchin' my head on this one.  :-\

I like that Thornburg made the team though.  I already can see him blowing folks up on kickoff coverages.  Our Steve Tasker, perhaps?  :yay
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SD_Eagle5

I thought Hugh's personality and veteran leadership would have been enough to make the team  :-\

Don't know how Parry beat Ritchie out, he doesn't lead block as well and his hands aren't as good  :boo

Drunkmasterflex

I have to say that I am kind of disappointed not to see them on the final roster just because they are two of my favorite players.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

hunt

hmmmm...ritchie doesn't shock me but i hope they're still looking to upgrade fb.  hugh caught me off guard, only because i'm not sold on kalu opposite the freak (until mcdougle returns).  thomas looked pretty good backing up kearse in preseason so i suppose they could always move him over to the other side.

and mahe making the team............. :paranoid :P
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Butchers Bill

Ashame about Ritchie, but if he can't really run anymore, and he did appear to be laboring against the Jets, than he is probably done.

I agree with pretty much everyone else in that Mahe should not be here.
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

TexasEagle

I'm more bothered Mahe (and to a lesser extent Sims - really didn't see them cutting him no matter how much he sucks) made the team... AGAIN! Get rid of that guy already. What's he going to do, return punts all year and nothing else? Guy's a thief and he's stealing a paycheck!

Purple_Hayz

I know that Ritchie hasn't been his old self but for me it's still a shot to the gut to read that he's been cut.  I felt the same way when we said goodbye to Kevin Turner, too-deja vu all over again. :(

I don't want anybody else
When I think about you I cut myself

WEST is GOD

My thing is I'm ok with Ritchie gone if he's done, but I don't like Parry either. Any other FBs out there to get? Doubt it.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.