2008 Fantasy Football Who To Start Thread

Started by shorebird, August 29, 2008, 02:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Roy Williams or Robert Meachem

points per reception league; Williams questionable

Diomedes

Meacham has only 7 receptions on the year.  You're in a bind there.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

Meachem put up a goose egg for me this weekend, but I still won easily with Portis, OMGReggie Bush, Andre Johnson, and Brandon Marshall.

Indy D actually had a nice game for a change too.

YOU ALL CARE

Philly Crew

2nd RB

Thomas Jones
Steve Slaton
Jamal Lewis

2nd WR
Colston - first game back
Lee Evans
Santonio Holmes
I'm bringing sexy back

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed with Dio.

Slaton against Detroit should be a good match up. But its tough, Jones is coming off a 3 TD game.

Philly Crew

Quote from: Diomedes on October 17, 2008, 09:19:52 PM
Slaton
Evans

My thoughts too.  Since you are leading the Keeper league, I should probably listen.
I'm bringing sexy back

Diomedes

meanwhile, I've won only one game in the CF yearly league

PhillyPhanInDC

Been offered a trade in a PPR league:

He gets: Chris Johnson RB TEN

I get: Laverneus (farg the spelling) Coles
and Tim Hightower RB ARI

I don't have Edgerian James, but it looks like he has been running in quick sand, so I think Hightower's role will only increase. I need a WR, but I am wondering if Coles for 1A/2 RB (remember it's a PPR league) is worth it. Thoughts?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Diomedes

rjs246

I think you're getting the better end of that deal. Lendale is still their goalline back for now.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Coles has been really sporadic this year because of injury.  I thought he was gonna be a great pick when the Jets got Saint Brett but it hasn't worked out that way.

I'd still do the trade, though, because like rjs said, LenDale is the TD whore in TN.

SunMo

3rd back for tomorrow:

mcfadden vs jets
pittman vs ne
kevin smith vs houston
warrick dunn vs seattle

i'm actually thinking of doing dunn since seattle's d is so bad
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: SunMo on October 18, 2008, 05:26:11 PM
3rd back for tomorrow:

mcfadden vs jets
pittman vs ne
kevin smith vs houston
warrick dunn vs seattle

i'm actually thinking of doing dunn since seattle's d is so bad

It looks like Graham will have to play fullback again tomorrow, which means it could be another big day for Dunn. He showed last week he's still got it, so Gruden and Co. probably feel comfortable with him at this point. I would be tempted with Kevin Smith, but that whole team is farging god awful, and they seem to want to prove everyone wrong about Rudi Johnson. Pittman is intriguing, but last week was the only time the gave the ball to one guy a majority of the time. I think based on matchup and injury, you've gotta go with Dunn.

By the way, if he is floating on your waiver wire, and you have the room, it's time to pickup Ryan Torain of the Broncos. Shanahan had a hard on for him during the draft, and they were raving about him during training camp. They could be getting the run game going now in preparation for having him back, and he's the type of one-cut-and-go bigger back that has always flourished in Denver. Guy just started practicing and will be playing after the bye, has all the potential of a big-time sleeper.

My turn. Need to pick a 2nd RB, and third receiver (WR/TE) in my money PPR league:

Matt Forte vs MIN (Horrible matchup. He catches a bunch of balls, and will probably be good for 50 yards rushing)
Sammy Morris vs DEN (Great matchup and figures to get most of the touches with Maroney out again, goal line back too)
Ronnie Brown vs BAL (Horrible matchup. Has a TD in every game, and is the best player on offense)

T.J Houshamazode vs PIT (Ryan farging Fitzpatrick throwing to him. Still catches a lot of passes)
Chris Cooley vs CLE (Good matchup, catches a bunch, usually a TD machine)
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyPhreak54

Rivers vs. Buffalo
Cutler vs. New England

Thomas Jones vs. Oakland
Marshawn Lynch vs. San Diego

I'm 99% sure I'm going with Cutler because of NE's secondary and I don't like when West teams come East and play 1pm games.

The RB situation...not sure, but leaning towards Jones.