2008 Fantasy Football Who To Start Thread

Started by shorebird, August 29, 2008, 02:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

With both Torry Holt and Calvin Johnson on byes next week, I need a little help.

I have Eddie Royal and Robert Meachem on my bench....I like Meachem's potential, he's made two nice plays since he got activated....but instead of plugging him in, should I try and pick up someone else for next week? Right now the top two scoring WR's on the FA market in my league are Antonio Bryant for TB and, yes, Hank Baskett.

I'm tempted to pick up Baskett but....
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

Bryant has been tearing it up through the preseason and has done well so far in regular season too. Galloway is out. I would go with Bryant.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

Quote from: rjs246 on September 22, 2008, 04:34:32 PM
Bryant has been tearing it up through the preseason and has done well so far in regular season too. Galloway is out. I would go with Bryant.

Very fair points, especially after the game he had yesterday with Galloway out. It also helps that Gruden is throwing it 67 times a game...

You've convinced me.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

PhillyPhanInDC

I've got a guy harping for a trade, he's after Larry Johnson or Chris Johnson, we play in a PPR league, with 6pts for all TDs.

Can't start two RBs, and three WR/TEs:

My running backs looks like this

Larry Johnson
Matt Forte
Chris Johnson
Ronnie Brown
Sammy Morris
DeAngelo Williams
Darren Sproles

My WR/TEs

Plaxico Burress
T.J. Houshamazodenburger
Reggie Brown
Matt Jones
Jason Witten
Chris Cooley

He has Brandon Marshall, Terrell Owens, and Greg Jennings as his top WRs, I was planning on targeting Owens or Jennings for Chris Johnson, as I would rather not part with LJ if possible, since he gets almost all of the touches...pretty sure he won't give me Owens at this point, so if I get Jennings for Chris Johnson, is it a good trade?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

reese125

Tomahawk

Pick 3 of the following 4:

Andre Johnson vs. IND
Steve Smith (CAR) vs. KC
Reggie Wayne @ HOU
Santana Moss @ PHI

shorebird

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: shorebird on October 03, 2008, 08:01:38 PM
Moss
Wayne
Johnson

Um, really?  Is this the week Johnson finally does jack shtein?

Moss
Wayne
Smith

rjs246

I'm starting Steve Slaton instead of Michael Turner this week.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

reese125

shorebird

I don't think I'd start Smith. Everyone says he's back because he caught a TD against the Falcons.  I don't know 'bout that, but what do I know.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Dude, it doesn't matter if Smith is back or not.  Andre Johnson sucks shtein this year.

Munson

My TE's are abysmal...I started LJ week 1 and 2, he hurt his vadge in week 3, so I picked up Todd Heap who continued to do crap in week 4, now I'm back on LJ...

So the one guy in my league offered me Tony Gonzalez and Ike Hilliard for Eddie Royal.

My other WR's are Reggie Wayne, Calvin Johnson, and Tory Holt. But Eddie Royal is currently my highest scoring WR (I know that won't last, but I'm still not sure Holt's gonna bounce back at all this year in that offense), and that starting trio (Wayne, Johnson, Royal) will usually put up more then enough to compensate for the lack of TE help...

But having Tony G will definitely give me a more complete team.

Thoughts? Should I take it or what?

PhillyPhanInDC

Gotta start one of the following in my money points per reception league:

Chris Johnson @ Baltimore
Ronnie Brown vs. San Diego
Larry Johnson @ Carolina
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.