2008 Fantasy Football Who To Start Thread

Started by shorebird, August 29, 2008, 02:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

yeah, I would go Cutler too, he's been too good this year and New England's defense is nothing special

Oakland has a decent pass defense so the Jets may be willing to run more.  I'd probably lean towards Jones, but not a whole lot
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

phillycrew

Quote from: PPinDC on October 18, 2008, 10:51:16 AM
Been offered a trade in a PPR league:

He gets: Chris Johnson RB TEN

I get: Laverneus (farg the spelling) Coles
and Tim Hightower RB ARI

I don't have Edgerian James, but it looks like he has been running in quick sand, so I think Hightower's role will only increase. I need a WR, but I am wondering if Coles for 1A/2 RB (remember it's a PPR league) is worth it. Thoughts?

I would stick with Chris Johnson.  Really good for PPR.  Is it dynasty?

Munson

Pick my 3rd WR for next Sunday

Torry Holt @ NE
Kevin Curtis vs. ATL

I'm going with Curtis at the moment...Reid's going to target him often to prove that he's "the guy" the offense needs. My guess is Reid tries to force it to him for a score. Unfortunately Eddie Royal is on bye this week, otherwise he'd get the start.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Rams are hot.  NE is due for a defensive let-down.  Kevin Curtis is white.

PhillyPhanInDC

Need a bye-week fill in at WR/TE in my money PPR league. Need to pick two of the three (yuck):

Owen Daniels vs BAL
DeSean Jackson vs. NYG
Ted Ginn Jr. vs SEA

Also, need to pick a #2 RB:

DeAngelo Williams vs OAK (Insanely good matchup, Stewart might play and steal TDs)
Ronnie Brown vs SEA (Again pretty good matchup at home, but he's been spotty)
Matt Forte vs TEN (Terrible matchup, but he has been consistent, especially in PPR)
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

I say Jackson and Ginn.  Daniels is going to have a very tough day.  I'll take my chances on Pennington and Ginn rather than Daniels vs. Baltimore.

Brown
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

Normally this wouldn't be a concern, but Westbrook has been hurting so pick two:

Westbrook
Ronnie Brown
Michael Turner
Maurice Jones-Drew
Willis Mcgayhee

Munson

Pick a TE

Anthony Fasano vs. Oakland
John Carlson vs. Arizona
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PoopyfaceMcGee

Neither.  Don't play a TE.  Let it ride.

Rome

Tomlinson vs Pittsburgh

Brandon Jacobs vs Baltimore

Ronnie Brown  vs Oakland

Pick two.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhanInDC

Dio has obviously been hanging out with Jack Ikeguano.

Ronnie Brown's matchup is silly. Miami is going to run the ball til it's flat tomorrow.

LT and Brown.

I've got Brown as well, but I am wondering if I should start him. Matt Forte is my #1, I have to pick one of these guys in a PPR league:

Chris Johnson vs JAX
Ronniw Brown vs OAK
DeAngelo Williams vs DET.

I'm currently leaning towards DeAngelo Williams, nut Jonathan Stewart worries me...
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

shorebird

Steve Jackson out. What a dissapointment. I mean, I knew he wasn't going to have a big, big year, but injuries have really slowed him of late.

ice grillin you

hes killed my team as well...i will never draft him again
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous