Super Bowl - Chiefs: Dreams And Nightmares

Started by MDS, January 29, 2023, 10:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: Don Ho on February 14, 2023, 05:30:22 PM
AJ Brown jersey on order as we speak!

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10065673-eagles-aj-brown-slams-tik-tok-boy-juju-smith-schuster-for-james-bradberry-tweet

I LOVE IT!!

Juju's an ass and Browns right Mahomes saved his career. Was reading through the comments on Twitter....most chiefs fans were calling it lame uncalled for.

MDS

it was horribly lame...but thats juju. his troll attempt early in the week about cheesesteaks was cringe.

bradberry owned the flag and admitted it. the dude aint done nothing all year or in the game and he steals a terrible meme...deserves the cooking hes getting
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

If Mahomes stays healthy he's a first ballot guy.  He is just unbelievable.  I hated losing, but you know, if you're going to lose, you could do worse.  I was thinking during the game that this motherfarging dude looks like Montana out there.  Not physically... just his poise and demeanor.   Cool as farg. 

Also... Hurts is damn good too.  We're lucky to have him. 

Geowhizzer

Some of my friends are going down the 49er fan road, basically saying that the game was stolen and such shtein.

Have some damn pride.  Our team was beaten

SD

Quote from: Geowhizzer on February 14, 2023, 06:52:53 PM
Some of my friends are going down the 49er fan road, basically saying that the game was stolen and such shtein.

Have some damn pride.  Our team was beaten

I've heard some gripes about calls but nothing to the extent of whiners fans. And kudos to every Eagles player and coach for not blaming the refs and giving the chiefs credit unlike the bitchass niners.

QB Eagles

Without the win five years ago this would have been a life destroying loss. Choke job against Andy Reid ended on a softbatch call. I think there's no end to the insane stuff Eagles fans would be saying and doing in that scenario, and I'd probably be sympathizing with a lot of it.

But for anyone who can remember five years ago, this is a chance to be a bigger dude without having to swallow the idea of being cursed forever. Reid and Mahomes detonated the Eagles defense. That's a fact. One stop in the second half and the Birds win that game. They couldn't even get the one play they had on Brady.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I'm crushed but not as crushed as I'd be had they not won in 2017.

Bottom line is they lost it on their own.

If Jalen doesn't fumble
If they don't overturn DeVonta's catch
If Sirianni doesn't punt
Or if they actually tackle Toney
And a few other if's...

It stings. And Howie has his work cut out for him if they want to sniff it again next season

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on February 14, 2023, 06:32:06 PM
If Mahomes stays healthy he's a first ballot guy.  He is just unbelievable.  I hated losing, but you know, if you're going to lose, you could do worse.  I was thinking during the game that this motherfarging dude looks like Montana out there.  Not physically... just his poise and demeanor.   Cool as farg. 

Also... Hurts is damn good too.  We're lucky to have him.

Yes!  He wins one more he's slam dunk first ballot.  Same, sat there during the game thinking even when he's off there is just something about Mahomes, he's going to fix it, work through it, figure it out, etc.  Just manages the life out of you.  Hard to be pissed off losing to this guy.

Hurts is good!  Any doubt I had was erased Sunday.  Screw the fumble, total fluke, dumb ass Seamalu put them in that position.  Watkins makes that catch, Hurts great performance is legendary.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phattymatty

Quote from: QB Eagles on February 14, 2023, 08:01:56 PM
Without the win five years ago this would have been a life destroying loss. Choke job against Andy Reid ended on a softbatch call.

lol no doubt.

I woke up kinda grumpy Monday that there will be no parade this week but other than that I'm over it.  on to the Sixers next crushing playoff exit.

ice grillin you

this is the worst sports loss for me since ricky manning jr and one of the worst ever....its excruciating and i cant stop running it back thru my mind on a non stop loop...nothing is worse than losing a big game you should have won...phillies stros didn't phase me at all cause at no point did the phils ever have a chance of winning and they were playing with house money...this is the kind of loss where i crawl into a hole and do no social media and no sports tv for at least a week so i dont see or hear something about the game...i haven't and wont even watch the sixers on the off chance i have to hear the douchebag announcers mention the superbowl

this really really sucks and isn't getting significantly better for the foreseeable future
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 15, 2023, 09:44:46 AM
this is the worst sports loss for me since ricky manning jr and one of the worst ever....its excruciating and i cant stop running it back thru my mind on a non stop loop...nothing is worse than losing a big game you should have won...phillies stros didn't phase me at all cause at no point did the phils ever have a chance of winning and they were playing with house money...this is the kind of loss where i crawl into a hole and do no social media and no sports tv for at least a week so i dont see or hear something about the game...i haven't and wont even watch the sixers on the off chance i have to hear the douchebag announcers mention the superbowl

this really really sucks and isn't getting significantly better for the foreseeable future

Agree with this this farging blows

Usually after a shtein loss, thought Trump was being re-elected, death in the family...I'll wake up in the middle of the night with a dreaded feeling but it's only one night. It's been 3 nights in a row now waking up at all hours with that feeling of dread. As far as worst losses in any sport in Philly history I don't see anything that tops this.

MDS

its not worse than ronde or ricky manning....i was really into hockey at this point but the 01 flyers collapse to the devils (specifically game 7) still destroys me.

those were all 20 years ago -- im old -- so in recent memory yea this is the tops. and all 3 of those L's were conference finals. who knows what happens the next round. right here they had a very good chance to win the actual SB and, just didnt
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

One thing that I've finally realized as I've aged:  It's a football game.  Once it was over, it was over.

Disappointing, yes.  Demoralizing, no.  There's too much other more important stuff in the world to let a football game be what breaks your spirit.

My son was more like me 20 years ago.  I had to talk him off the ledge at the end of the game.

The Phillies, Union, and Eagles.  Welcome to Philly sports, son.

I still get into a lather during the game, though.  My wife gives me "that look" from time to time.  Maybe in another 20 years.

General_Failure

Quote from: Don Ho on February 14, 2023, 05:12:47 PM
AJ Brown saying when birds settled for a FG to go up 27-21 he knew it was over.  Heard somewhere he was pissed off he wasnt used more. 

GREAT piece on NFL Live by Dan Orlovsky on the play that set up the fourth down which lead to the Toney punt return.  Horrible play call on 3rd and 2, birds call a pass play that blows up.  Miss communication on O Line, Willie Gay not picked up and he forces Hurts to throw it away.  Brown was wide open BUT staff crucified for not having Hurts sneak it twice for two yards.

It was definitely over when they kicked the FG. The game plan for the second half should have been taking as long as possible to get a TD each and every time they had the ball. If you want to say the FG wasn't the end, then the punt absolutely was.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 15, 2023, 09:44:46 AM

Same.

I haven't been taking in anything football related. It seems to sting more each day and when people do the "dude what happened with your Eagles" schtick I run it back and get angrier.

I still have no voice left.