Super Bowl - Chiefs: Dreams And Nightmares

Started by MDS, January 29, 2023, 10:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

There's my Todd!  So true on all accounts.

On my walk to calm down.  This will take some time and haunt us for awhile.  This goes back to the schedule and look at all the trash teams they struggled with, and the lack of quarterback talent they faced basically all season.  Chiefs were battle tested.

Yet with that said, this was in their grasp and I hope one day we find out why adjustments weren't made and what in the hell happened in the second half? 

And did Jordan Davis do a damn thing tonight and where was Brandon Graham?  Watching Pacheco just beat down birds defenders was embarrassing.  Defense struggled with the run most of the season and great adjustment by fatty in the second have to shove it down their throats.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Wait, WTF? I just heard Gannon my get Arizona job?  That put the first smile on my face in the last two hours.  Hope Bidwell watched this game before he makes an offer.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Rube swinging and I love it!!

QuoteQuez Watkins. Brutal. Catch the freaking football. I had such high expectations of him this year, but he just keeps making plays to hurt the team. You're playing in a Super Bowl, you're open, you have a chance at a 35-yard catch down to about the Chiefs' 7-yard-line and instead of running to the ball, you leave your feet and let the ball fly through hands? Give me a break. Those are opportunities you can't squander in any game. You're getting one chance to mak a big play in the biggest game of your life. Catch the ball. Inexcusable.

Eagaholic

They lost the SB 5 hours ago and still no Fire Nick Sirianni thread. The hell is wrong with this board?

Don Ho

Nick's little cheerleader act didn't work on the big stage.  Works when you're playing Our Lady of Sorrow Pre-School.  I have not been a big fan of Sirianni since day 1. 

NC_Eagle

Offense = as good as could be expected. Hurts carried the team at points.

Defense = solid in first half, failed to make any adjustments in the second half, when even a non expert like myself could see the Chiefs had figured out the soft zone. Don't think I saw a single blitz the entire game.

Expecting to have a new DC next season.
Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.

General_Failure

As much as I can't stand Andy, he sure coached his team to a win there. He had this defense looking stupid and lost on every touchdown.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm hungover and need to go back to bed. Thank god I took the day off.

Yeah that one sucked.

Jalens fumble
Watkins drop
The god damn special teams and the punt return
The disappearing defense
The sloppy slippery field
The hold

Just pure shtein

Eagles_Legendz

Jalen played better than I thought he would.  Basically excellent but for one play. 

My anger at the flag robbed what could've been a legendary SB game no matter the outcome of the drive if the eagles get it back with 1:50 left down 3.  They score it's an all time game.  Chiefs stop them then you get a heroic defensive stance etc.  The penalty is basically the only way to neuter the end.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on February 13, 2023, 09:34:16 AM
My anger at the flag robbed what could've been a legendary SB game no matter the outcome of the drive if the eagles get it back with 1:50 left down 3.  They score it's an all time game.  Chiefs stop them then you get a heroic defensive stance etc.  The penalty is basically the only way to neuter the end.

Yeah it's not automatic that the Eagles would win by any means, but the flag killed the game and cheapens the win for the Chiefs. Same thing happened in the last Super Bowl. Let em play all night and then do that.

SD

All the fans gripes about Gannon were 100% legit. Please get the az job.

As soon as they showed Sirriani crying during the national anthem I knew it was over.

The Chiefs probably still win but that call at the end was horrendous. Mahomes is the nfl golden child. They couldn't have scripted a better person to represent the league.

The Hurts fumble sucked but otherwise he was great and is undoubtedly the franchise qb.

Bottom line is the Chiefs outplayed the Birds.

QB Eagles

I would say outcoached a lot more than outplayed. The failures were scheme more than execution. Gannon's second half was a turd for the ages. Guy has mush between the ears. Getting scored on easily twice off the same design is pathetic.

Rome

The Eagles dominated the first half.  If it weren't for the turnover they win that game going away. 

I don't know how many texts I've gotten from non-Eagles fans this morning but every one of them was about the same with respect to the last penalty.  Basically we got farged.  It was definitely holding but both sides mauled each other all night and that crew picked that play to call it. 

It's an absolute farce the more I watch it, but the NFL is exactly that now; a farce. 

QB Eagles

Same thing with holding happened in last year's SB. Wait until a ticky-tack situation on the last drive to call it. At some level the NFL should care about these borderline calls draining all the drama out of the end of their biggest games, but apparently they do not.

Anyway, just like last year's call, eventually no one will remember it outside of Philly. I see it less as a robbery (because who knows what would have happened, plus the Eagles should have never allowed the comeback) and more as depriving fans of a worthy ending to that game.

MDS

yea double that...it wasnt the missed PI in the saints/rams nfccg from 18 where a bad call directly led to a different result. the refs were barely visible throughout the game, which is what everyone prefers, then on the biggest play of the game they choose right then and there to call a by the books but not egregious hold. its so awful on so many levels.

i think i mentioned this before but if they hadnt won the SB 5 years ago i wouldve killed myself last night. this is the kind of loss that guts you as a fan.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.