Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

You little bitches just can't control yourselves, can't you? You must have been those kids that unwrapped the christmas presents waaaaay before the 25th.

bastiches.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Munson

Those snippets are awesome. I assume the guy with the spear is one of the Martells.

I'm trying to see who that is in the background watching the fight...looks to be Tywin, can't see who the two guys next to him are. One of them is definitely a little hefty, which is how Mace Tyrell is described...
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih3WsEKmID0

I see what looks like a Stark flag being flown (It's all white, can't see the sigil)...The North remembers
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

Way too excited now...Rewatched it a few times and paused it when it would move fast, thes are some of the things I noticed...

-Jaime holding a sword with his left hand...I wonder if he intends to learn how to fight left handed
-Varys and Oberyn Martell talking in front of the Iron Throne...should be an interesting conversation
-Ser Allister Thorne! He's back! And probably still hates Lord Snow.
-Tyrion in tears, talking about "if you came here for Justice"....who the hell could be be talking to? The Martells?
-We see a lot of dead bodies on a battle field that looks to be somewhere in the Riverlands or The North, and a rider with a white banner riding in the background...can't make out the sigil on the banner though, which leads me to believe it's a Stark banner...hmmm
-We see two groups of soldiers meeting in a field that also appears to be somewhere in the Riverlands or the North...but both groups appear to be flying the same banner, that being the crowned stag/fiery heart of Stannis...I think. it also could be the Greyjoy flag I guess, but I don't think so...
-We see that creep rapist from the Night's Watch leaving a baby out in the snow, presumably to sacrifice to the White Walkers
-Arya has needle back...How the hell does that happen? We also see her holding a bloody sword and the Hound beating the shtein out of someone...I'm really hoping for a Hound/Arya ass kicking journey around Westeros.
-We see Cersei telling Tywin she will burn House Lannister to the ground...interesting
-We see Sansa...in a land covered in snow....Wonder how the hell that happened...
-We also see Theon, in armor, on horseback...does Yara get him out? Or has something else happened?
-Looks like the biggest glaring omission from the trailer is Brienne...Don't think we saw her once

Eagaholic

Actually I think Cersei says something like you'll be fighting over him like thieves until you tear him apart - I'll burn our house to the ground before I'll let that happen (I'm guessing she's talking about Joffrey), so a bit of a different context.

Good to see Davos again, like his character.

In terms of seeing a Stark banner, I was always interested in how/if Blackfish would re-enter the story, and maybe if he rallies the Northmen and Riverun. Speaking of Blackfish, just made me think of an interesting parallel between King Robb and King Joffrey - that they both failed to heed advice not to behead a 'traitor' for treason (Lord Karstark/Ned) from their mothers and other advisors, of which Blackfish was one. The kings wanted to set an example, which led to dire (wolf) consequences.

Maisie Williams (Arya) is one of the best child actors I've ever seen, looking forward to how her line unfolds in the show. There imo was foreshadowing in the scene where Ned is watching her train with Serio Ferrell, when the sounds from their swords clashing turned from that of wood to steel, as the smile drains from Ned's face (although it could have just foreshadowed Ferrell's apparent demise on that same spot at the hands of the King's Guard).

smeags

john snow will be .......
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Munson

I also hope The Blackfish comes back into play, I really like his character. I can't imagine the Northern lords rallying to him because he's a river Lord, but I can see him kind of going rouge and taking his revenge from the Frey's or something.

Maybe the Hound and Arya can stumble upon him and he can help get Arya to safety or something.

SunMo

i haven't watched season 3 yet and i'm considering not watching it.  i like the show, but it's frustrating to watch and try to keep track of everybody.  and i can see it coming now that they are going to catch up to the books and have to stop the show because this jerkoff can't seem to finish a book in under a decade.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

General_Failure

Japan runs into that problem constantly with their creepy-ass cartoons based on creepy-ass comics. Once they get through all the 12 year old girl tentacle rape the comics laid out the shows either go on hiatus or write their own shtein.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

I was confused as hell after my first watch on Season 1, which I marathoned about a month before Season 2 started, but after Season 2 I went back and watched Season 1 again and everything made a lot more sense. It definitely took me more than one viewing to get all the names and story lines straight.

The only new characters you meet that play a big role in Season 3 are the wildlings that Jon Snow was getting taken to at the end of Season 2, but so far I haven't felt compelled to need to know their names yet as it hasn't really been important to the story. There is one big character throughout season 3 that they intentionally don't want you to know who he is, but they make it kind of obvious by the time you find out.

I've also nerded out and spent a few hours on the spoiler-free towerofthehand.com, so it made it a lot easier for me to figure out who everyone is haha.

smeags

Quote from: SunMo on January 17, 2014, 03:36:04 PM
i haven't watched season 3 yet and i'm considering not watching it.  i like the show, but it's frustrating to watch and try to keep track of everybody.  and i can see it coming now that they are going to catch up to the books and have to stop the show because this jerkoff can't seem to finish a book in under a decade.

dont worry. it gets easier to follow. you'll see why.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Eagaholic

I've watched each episode of season 1 at least 3 or 4 times, in part because I've turned a couple of friends on to the series that we've watched together. I don't think anybody can watch and understand most of it 1st time through.

Some people like football because they simply enjoy watching the athleticism and play making on the field or developing a rooting interest for their side. Others really get into the Xs and Os part with the schemes, match ups etc.

GOT is way toward the chess match end of the spectrum of that genre. I couldn't put up with the tedious overdescriptions of all the names of insignificant characters, their clothing and such in the first book so I said farg it after about 50 or 100 pages. Rewatching it was much more satisfying.

That said I did skip to book 3 which I went through during season 3 and found it to be a much better read. I agree with Smeags that S3 is easier to follow although it's my least favorite of the 3. 

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: smeags on January 17, 2014, 04:00:30 PM

I just finished a GoT marathon, and I concur. With a LOL.

Munson

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on January 31, 2014, 08:03:32 PM
Quote from: smeags on January 17, 2014, 04:00:30 PM

I just finished a GoT marathon, and I concur. With a LOL.

lol...ugh.

So the DVD extras for Season 3 have come out...some of the histories and lore are going to be awesome.

QuoteHistories & Lore (Disc 5, HD): The third season's animated "Histories & Lore" videos — specifically those pertaining to Westeros' history and mythology — cover everything from the Battle of Qohor to the Vale. Segments include:

Old Ghis & Slaver's Bay (Jorah Mormont )
House Reed (Meera Reed)
House Bolton (Roose Bolton)
House Frey (Catelyn Stark)
House Tully (The Blackfish)
The Lord of Light (Thoros of Myr)
Wargs and the Sight (Bran Stark)
The Red Keep (King Joffrey)
Robert's Rebellion (Petyr Baelish and Lord Varys)
The North (Jon Snow)
The Reach (Margaery Tyrell)
The Riverlands (The Blackfish)
The Stormlands (Brienne of Tarth)
The Westerlands (Tywin Lannister)
The Vale (Petyr Baelish)

Really can't wait to hear the House Reed and House Bolton ones. Also, I said this like 10 posts ago but I hope the Blackfish shows up again in this season.