Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

Actually Westeros and everything north of the Wall get swallowed up in a cataclysmic earthquake so Blackfish, like everyone else on the continent, dies.
Ooops, was that a spoiler?

Eagles_Legendz

the promo before true detective was a pretty good look-in to season 4.  obviously if you want to go in completely blind don't watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5iS3tULXMQ

Munson

Yeah I had about 30 seconds to fap after watching that before Walking Dead started.

This season looks like it's going to be awesome. And Jaime looks like he's gonna go from my most hated character, to someone I liked last season, to becoming one of my favorite characters this season.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SunMo

So I burned through season 3 in about a week and of course it was great.  however, i thought the finale was terrible.  i realize that they had their "holy shtein" moment the episode before, but literally nothing happened in the finale except for setup of the next season, which was annoying.  otherwise looking forward to s4
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

I'm just finishing the third book now, which runs for about 400 pages after the Red Wedding, and hahahaha holy farg.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

Quote from: SunMo on March 03, 2014, 08:57:18 AM
So I burned through season 3 in about a week and of course it was great.  however, i thought the finale was terrible.  i realize that they had their "holy shtein" moment the episode before, but literally nothing happened in the finale except for setup of the next season, which was annoying.  otherwise looking forward to s4

The first few minutes that were right in the aftermath of the Red Wedding were just as tough to watch as the Wedding itself, IMO...but yeah most everything else was character reactions to it/setting up for the next season.

Rusty's reaction to the book seems to be what all the other book readers are saying...that this upcoming season is going to be even more "Holy shtein" than season 3.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: SunMo on March 03, 2014, 08:57:18 AM

They've put a lot of their eggs in the episode 9 basket the last two years.  They've made a point this year to say the surprises and bigger moments will be more evenly spread as opposed to the slow build/semi climax around episode 4 (Dany Dracarys this year)/build again/episode 9 climax/denouement.  They've stated their intent to get things going quickly this year and spread things out a bit more which I'm assuming means episode 10 as well.

SunMo

Thinking back, you're right about the penultimate episode being the one with all the heavy shtein.  The books run together a bit in my mind but I thought I remember Joffrey's wedding being right after the red wedding so I was expecting to see that in episode 10.

HBO has to be starting to shtein their pants that he hasn't gotten a new book out yet.  They are going to catch up to him eventually
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

Meh...he's so farging lost himself that they could just make shtein up as they go and no one would know the difference.  That's what he's (not) doing anyway.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

He already gave the show permission to go ahead of the books if need be, and told the creators how he plans on ending it.

Even though I'm a show first-read after guy, I'd still hate to see that happen.

Munson

LMAO, especially at the Sean Bean part :-D

TexasEagle

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 01, 2014, 04:48:08 PM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SVaD8rouJn0

:-D :-D

That was phenomenal. "Imp Slap!"

I don't know what they're going to do next season because the books really start to slow down. Feast for Crows was almost nothing but filler, and SOOOO farging boring to read. But they're already strayed so far from the books in Season 3 that it might not even matter.

smeags

time to order hbo again.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it