The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

The destruction in Daytona is massive.  The beachside where I live is still closed and won't reopen till at least tomorrow at 7:00 AM.  I have no idea if my house was affected.  As of 12:00 noon it was still there.  A friend had a tree tear thru her house.  Simply incredible. 

ice grillin you

daytona is actually fine

haiti is true calamity
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

If Haiti hadn't been touched by the storm, and Matthew made a Cat 5 landfall on Daytona, Daytona would still be less of a calamity.

General_Failure

I think you're forgetting about a little slice of hell called Bike Week.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Daytona isn't fine.  And I live in Ormond Beach.  The entire water system was damaged and depleted so no water.  No power either. Hundreds of homes and businesses suffered significant damage.   I'm not minimizing the tragedy in Haiti but the situation where I live is pretty bad.  We're still in Tampa and I might just stay another night. 

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah stay another night.

Any reports about your house?

Munson

Rome's house don't take no shtein, heard it grabbed hurricane matthew right by the Hoyda.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

Well that explains the man in the boat.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on October 08, 2016, 05:48:55 AM
Daytona isn't fine.  And I live in Ormond Beach.  The entire water system was damaged and depleted so no water.  No power either. Hundreds of homes and businesses suffered significant damage.   I'm not minimizing the tragedy in Haiti but the situation where I live is pretty bad.  We're still in Tampa and I might just stay another night.

stop being a drama queen...im begging now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 08, 2016, 09:47:56 PM
Quote from: Rome on October 08, 2016, 05:48:55 AM

stop being a drama queen...im begging now

Eagaholic

Rome

I had an oak tree take out the SW portion of my house.  Roof is trashed.  AC unit is destroyed.

Looking st $30/40K in repairs if I can find a contractor who can do them. 

We're fine, though. 

We crashed at our friends house last night because although we have a generator there's no use wasting fuel.  They had a screen blow out.  That's it. Lol.

Diomedes

there are trees in Florida?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

They're cutting them down to build more roads and shopping centers as fast as they can, but there are still some left.

Sorry about your house, Rome.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on October 09, 2016, 07:11:10 AM
I had an oak tree take out the SW portion of my house.  Roof is trashed.  AC unit is destroyed.

Looking st $30/40K in repairs if I can find a contractor who can do them. 

We're fine, though. 

We crashed at our friends house last night because although we have a generator there's no use wasting fuel.  They had a screen blow out.  That's it. Lol.

Good news relatively speaking. No flood damage was key.