Men Should Act Like Men...

Started by rjs246, January 24, 2007, 08:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Anyone wear navy pants? I've usually stuck to black, grey, and khaki, but I got a pair of navy pants over the holidays and I'm trying to figure out what color dress shoes to wear them with.

I grew up with the "don't pair black and navy blue together" rule, but almost everyone I see wearing navy blue pants has the black shoes/socks/belt combo.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Chestnut or oxblood colors work with navy. Just make sure to match the belt.

I don't wear navy slacks very often I stick with black, grey and khaki but I have a deep navy pair that I wear with a dark chestnut colored pair of shoes

General_Failure

Match your socks to the pants, not the shoes.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

^^^That's what I thought as well, but I've seen a lot of people wearing black shoes with khakis, and the brown socks/black shoes combo doesn't really work.

Phreak, that's what I was told by a friend, that a darker brown is usually the way to go. I've got a decent pair of brown shoes but I don't think they're dark enough brown to go with the navy. I have to invest in some navy socks as well.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

Don't wear black with khaki. You know a lot of people who don't know how to dress themselves.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Munson

Well I'm mostly in a business casual setting in public schools, so 99% of the time I don't think they're going for a super professional look. Especially at the elementary schools, the dress code for male teachers seems a bit more relaxed with the younger kids for whatever reason.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 22, 2013, 11:50:14 PM
Chestnut or oxblood colors work with navy. Just make sure to match the belt.

I don't wear navy slacks very often I stick with black, grey and khaki but I have a deep navy pair that I wear with a dark chestnut colored pair of shoes

dont ever say slacks again.....they are called pants

PoopyfaceMcGee

QuoteI'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.

ice grillin you

there isnt to many words in the english language that make me more angry than slacks (pants) and bureau (dresser)

SunMo

i'm trying to class myself up at work a little bit so i am buying more button down shirts to wear for work and some khaki slacks.  so i take my slacks out of my bureau today and put them on with a dark blue/light blue/white checked shirt.  it looked really weird to me to so bailed and put on jeans.  i'm not sure if it actually was a bad match or if i wasn't used to seeing it so it looked weird.  i always thought pretty much everything went with khaki though.

slacks
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 23, 2013, 07:41:04 AM
there isnt to many words in the english language that make me more angry than slacks (pants) and bureau (dresser)

bwahaha I say both.

And sometimes sweeper for the vacuum.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD

Pop for soda

Other words I hate are client and quaint