Philadelphia

Started by Diomedes, October 19, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Also out of the question.  I asked.

"we can call him Lou!"
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

phattymatty

BigEd76

Butchers Bill

I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Eagaholic

Excerpt from Philly news story.

QuoteOfficials from the N.J. Division of Youth and Family Services took the children -- Adolf Hitler Campbell, 3, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, 1, and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell, who will turn 1 in April – from the Campbell's home in Milford last Tuesday, saying only that they felt the children were in danger.

Deborah said officials have yet to tell her and her husband exactly why the children were removed. But Campbell suspects it has something to do with the names they bestowed upon their kids.

Ummm..... ya think, Einstein Deborah Campbell?

QuoteDeborah claimed police referred to him as "the Nazi guy" and quizzed him about his tattoos, one of which is a swastika, according to the Express-Times. She says they also made Heath take a sobriety test after allegedly smelling alcohol in the car.

But, it was grandma drunk in the backseat, not Heath, Deborah said.  She was headed to court with the couple in hopes the three children would be released to her if the parents could not gain custody.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Adolf-Hitlers-Grandma-Drunk-While-Headed-to-Court.html

Seems like that story is raising quite a fuhrer

Father Demon

Top 10 Endangered Newspapers

And coming in at Number 1:

Quote1. The Philadelphia Daily News. The smaller of the two papers owned by Philadelphia Newspapers LLC, which recently filed for bankruptcy. The company says it will make money this year, but with newspaper advertising still falling sharply, the city cannot support two papers, and the Daily News has a daily circulation of only about 100,000. The tabloid has a small staff, most of whom could probably stay on at Philly.com, the Web operation for both of the city dailies.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

wow the trashy guy like the trashy tabloid over the liberal idiotically run broadsheet. gooooooooo texas.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Their sports section is way better than the Inky's.