TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

me, j and the magas have the wire...you and the bern bros have some libcuck documentary about a poor senegalise mother

these are the 2 americas
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Are you counting streaming shows as "TV"?

MDS

everything that isnt a theatre movie is tv but any netflix/hulu show is definitely tv
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

So he's def off his rocker then.

General_Failure

The guy loves the theater experience more than Chris Nolan does, what can you do?

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

i liked the theatre experience too but is it really worth it to go see something to exists in a vacuum?

like outside of 1-2 big films a year, you'll be the only person seeing the thing you're seeing which defeats the whole communal purpose of theatres

ice grillin you

Barbie Oppenheimer DH friday while you middle Americans watch reruns of Game of Thrones
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

GOT sucked.

We're gonna have to see Oppenheimer next weekend bc we'll be going to a shotgun Wal-Mart people Jerry Springer wedding.

MDS

im actually in for both those movies...oppenheimer looks like the seemingly rare chris nolan movie that isnt a convoluted mess and i would watch greta gerwig direct pain drying

phattymatty

I don't typically follow popcorn action movie franchises, but transformers is my guilty pleasure.  If I see one of the older ones on cable I'll typically keep it on. 

so I was kinda excited to see this new one, didn't even know there was a new one.  started out pretty good, some pretty good actors, set in 1994 so an amazing 90s hip hop soundtrack, all was looking good.

then they just started going into the story.  I think maybe they started taking themselves too seriously because it was too much story and too little action.  like this is a transformers movie I want to shut off brain and space robot boom bang fight boom robot smash. 

C+.

phattymatty

wrong thread OH WELL. this movie is not sophisticated enough to go in the FILM thread where the smart people are.

PhillyPhreak54

Havas clicks his tongue and rolls his eyes are such filthy film etiquette.

PhillyPhreak54

The Bear s2 ep6 was indeed really good. We really liked ep7 too. Seeing Richie have his moment of it all coming together was cool.

phattymatty

Yeah the Richie ep was my fave.  Really well done, got misty eyed a few times. 

Watched the first episode of Swarm yesterday.  Went in pretty much blind, did not know it was going to be so dark.  Not typically my type of show but I'm gonna watch a few more and see how I feel.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on July 17, 2023, 03:20:05 PMI don't typically follow popcorn action movie franchises, but transformers is my guilty pleasure.  If I see one of the older ones on cable I'll typically keep it on. 

so I was kinda excited to see this new one, didn't even know there was a new one.  started out pretty good, some pretty good actors, set in 1994 so an amazing 90s hip hop soundtrack, all was looking good.

then they just started going into the story.  I think maybe they started taking themselves too seriously because it was too much story and too little action.  like this is a transformers movie I want to shut off brain and space robot boom bang fight boom robot smash. 

C+.

I saw it in the theater cause i listened to my movie pod and the host loves golden era hip hop and was saying how much was in it....first one ive seen
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous