TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

last two episodes were television...good television but television...ep 6 was a cinematic master class
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

You talking about s2?

We just finished s1 last night. Very good.

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

If they mentioned it I missed it - but did they ever say where the tomato can cash came from? Or is it assumed that his brother was stashing it? Is it some of the money lent to him by Oliver Platt?

ice grillin you

yeah its the loan money

ice grillin you

Theres a true crime doc that just dropped on hbo...only one ep is out but so far so good...about a serial killer hunting gay men in the early 90's

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 12, 2023, 09:36:10 AMgood television but television

this is a troll of me and i will not respond to it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Yep just watched the episode of the HBO doc. I didn't realize only one was out. Bummer.

I've become addicted to binging so this only releasing a handful or one show at a time sucks.

Watching ep4 of Hijack now

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on July 12, 2023, 10:25:19 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 12, 2023, 09:36:10 AMgood television but television

this is a troll of me and i will not respond to it

lol

Even the wire isnt better than the worst movie ever made

MDS

tv lapped film some time ago but i get you are stuck in your ways

it used to be easy. film is where quality, thought provoking stories were and tv was dumb sitcoms and generic procedural dramas. that has evolved over the past 2 decades. now the only movies anyone sees are top gun and marvel crap, everything else is tv even if its a movie.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Gotta agree with lil guy here.

TV shows have taken over. The movies don't put out anything that people are flocking too as often as they did.

It's all superhero shtein. Or some wack anss remakes. Off the top of my head in the last several years the only movies I was legit "gotta go" were Creed I and II, Top Gun and Oppenheimer. You can throw The Irishman in there too but that came out on streaming.

MDS

i cant remember the last casual conversation ive had with someone about a recent movie...just like the generic chat topics are 100% about whatever recent tv was on

the most recent oscar winning movies absolutely nobody saw and nobody ever talks about. even a movie i saw in theatres that i thought was brilliant like parasite i dont think ive ever talked to anybody about except for my nerd film buddy. nobody else saw it.

PhillyPhreak54

Yep.

Top Gun and Oppenheimer are the only two that I've had convos about.

General_Failure

If you guys aren't legitimately excited about how farged up the Barbie movie is, I don't know what to tell you.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

TV is for idiots but its the same country that elected donald trump so its not surprising that this country has gone towards it....its an empty society