Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

I didn't mean to insult you with the hipster comment.

Rome

I have a free ticket to Rush on Sunday night.    Meh.  Maybe.  I hate Sunday night concerts because Monday's a bitch afterward.

Sgt PSN

Haha.....I saw that earlier this week.  I love (hate) people who feel compelled to lie rather than admitting they've never heard of something.  And when they actually mention the 1 band that's real, the chick says she heard of them but doesn't know any of their songs and in the same breath goes on about fake bands being awesome.  Dumb skank. 

Munson

Regis and the Philbins :-D

Those first two girls need to either be 18 or stop dressing like hos so I don't feel creepy.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

yo muns, here's the lineup schedule. It's completely opposite from what I thought it would be:

Munson

Quote from: SD on May 14, 2013, 07:16:19 PM
yo muns, here's the lineup schedule. It's completely opposite from what I thought it would be:

Yeah I came here to post that earlier and completely forgot to.

Seems like a lot more overlap this year, but I guess that makes sense with the increased amount of bands. I like seeing that they're having some later acts as well.

I really am not a huge fan of this line up so I'm definitely gonna be floating between stages. Will definitely be at the Lawn for MGMT and the backyard for Public Enemy.

It seems like there's going to be more to do overall this year too, more places to just chill out and whatever. Definitely excited about that.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

Those are the worst brackets I've ever seen.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

mmrbq was pretty amazing last night. This was the first time I saw Soundgarden live and they didn't disappoint. Spoonman was ridiculous. They were the main headliner but like every other show they play Alice in Chains stole the show. I've seen them a bunch of times and they get better with every performance. Next to TOOL they're probably my favorite band to see live.

Diomedes

I'd like to see Japandroids.  Alabama Shakes probably a good set too. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Saw the Killers last night. They were great but overall a slight let down because mmrbq was so bad ass. I want to hate Brandon Flowers but he's a great front man and puts on a great show.

SD

Really cool moment at the MMRBQ. A Soundgarden fan named Kyle held up a sign in the front row saying "Please let me play drums or guitar for any Soundgarden song"...so Chris Cornell pulled him onstage to play "Fell on Black Days". Kyle nailed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f0BNXoLvXs

phattymatty

i saw soundgarden a few weeks ago at the chili cook off in dc. they rocked it.

if anyone is interested in coachella tickets for next year, they went on pre-sale today. if you buy now they allow you to pay on a payment plan, like $45 a month for a few months so you don't have to drop all the cash at once.

Munson

Quote from: SD on May 20, 2013, 08:39:37 AM
Saw the Killers last night. They were great but overall a slight let down because mmrbq was so bad ass. I want to hate Brandon Flowers but he's a great front man and puts on a great show.

I still talk about their set last year at Firefly with my friends. Just such a good show. For a band that uses so much synth, they really don't lose much going from album to live show

SD

Their show at Firefly >>>>>>>>>> Their show at the SBC

They were amazing at the SBC but the setlist wasn't as good, they played too many slow songs in the beginning, show really didn't pick up until later. There wasn't the same energy as there was at Firefly. It was more of an intimate setting with a great light show to compliment their music.