Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Well then, you should get yourself to Cruefest...I hear it's fargin' awesome dude
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on July 21, 2008, 09:43:48 AM
I saw him at the Spectrum during The River tour in 1980.  I was a sophomore in high school.  It was the day after Lennon died if I remember correctly.  He did an acoustic Beatles medley that night.  Still the best rock show I've ever seen.

holy shtein i would give a few years off my life to have been at that show...he almost cancelled the show he was so emotional...began it with a lennon speech and finished it with like a 15 minute twist n shout...i have the bootleg if you want a copy...i wish i had been old enough to see river and darkness shows

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

I'm having a hard time processing this crap, please stop
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

The only band I wanted to see and never got the chance to was Joy Division.  Ian Curtis died right around the time I started going to rock shows.

Father Demon

Quote from: Diomedes on July 21, 2008, 08:28:38 AM
between you two at Cruefest and MDS' two stepping at the Billy Ray Cyrus show, it's like :CF is on a modern day anthropological field trip to the lowest depths of white america

now we just need someone to visit a skatepark Good Charlotte concert and we can say we know everything about scummy white america pop music shows

I'm also going to the county fair to watch the livestock auction, with a show by Hillbilly Hayseeds Harmony.

FTW.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Diomedes

Nothing wrong with a county fair

mussa

I haven't been to a show in a long time, I need to see a good show. Anything good playing around Philly soon?
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 21, 2008, 09:06:13 AM
Quote from: Diomedes on July 21, 2008, 08:59:20 AM
no.  he's legit and despite the fools who thought "born in the U.S.A." was a patriotic anthem, many of his fans actually do things like read books and go to work regularly

why three?  got an extra ticket?

i dont have any tickets...im scalping to all three shows because i didnt want zesty $17 service charge seats off ticketmaster...giants stadium x 2 and richmond...may go to hershey as well

hes been tearing it up in europe...30+ song sets at 3 plus hours

i actually might be going to the one in herhey. itll cost me 115 bones but thats where being jewish has its benefits.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

They don't allow members of the tribe into Hershey.

Sorry.

MDS

then how will max weinberg play the drums?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

They're getting a drum machine.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Phanatic

between you two at Cruefest and MDS' two stepping at the Billy Ray Cyrus show, it's like :CF is on a modern day anthropological field trip to the lowest depths of white america

now we just need someone to visit a skatepark Good Charlotte concert and we can say we know everything about scummy white america pop music shows

I've never seen that many Trans Ams in one place in my life...
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Father Demon

Quote from: Phanatic on July 21, 2008, 11:40:07 AM

I've never seen that many Trans Ams in one place in my life...

I forgot about that.  We followed an 80's Trans Am out of the parking lot that had a customized license plate that said M CRUE.  I shtein you not.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

mussa

Rise Against, Alkaline Trio, Thrice and Gaslight Anthem - Oct. 16th @ Electric Factory - tickets went on sale today. I want to see Thrice bad, prob. going to this
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phattymatty

Going to see NIN again next week.  saw them last year and it was sick live.