Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

I'd love to see them again, saw them like 3 yrs ago. One of the best I have been to
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Phanatic

I'd like to see Rage.

Going to Projekt Revolution in a few weeks. Lot of bands on the tour.

Linkin Park
the Bravery
Chris Cornell
Busta Rhymes
Ashes Divide
Atreyu
10 Years
Hawthorn Heights
Armor for Sleep
Street Drum Corps

Haven't heard of half these guys.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Seabiscuit36

Really like The Bravery.  Ashes Divide is awesome, basically members of A Perfect Circle.  10 Years is a really good band imo, other than ever song having the same sound.  Atreyu is good hard stuff, and my boy who went to the show in philly is in love with the Street drum corps
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

Quote from: mussa on August 06, 2008, 11:26:03 AM
Rise Against, Alkaline Trio, Thrice and Gaslight Anthem - Oct. 16th @ Electric Factory - tickets went on sale today. I want to see Thrice bad, prob. going to this

Oh wow I had no idea Alkaline Trio was coming back to Philly in the fall.....I'm gonna have to get tickets to that.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

Saw Tapes N Tapes last night, they put on a good show
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

i just got may face rocked off by trent reznor.  his shows get better every time i see them.  its like a light show on acid even if you're not on drugs.

Rome

Saw Springsteen in Jacksonville last night.  He was incredible.  Shocking, I know.

Here's the set list:

1. Out In The Street
2. Radio Nowhere
3. No Surrender
4. Lonesome Day
5. Spirit In The Night
6. You Can't Sit Down
7. Does This Bus Stop at 82nd St.
8. Candy's Room (Awesome version.  Best I've ever heard.)
9. Loose Ends
10. Youngstown
11. Murder Inc.
12. She's The One
13. Living In The Future
14. Mary's Place
15. Back in Your Arms Again
16. The Rising
17. Last To Die
18. Long Walk Home
19. Badlands

Encore 1

20. Tenth Ave Freeze-Out
21. Waitin' On A Sunny Day
22. Born To Run
23. Rosalita
24. Glory Days
25. American Land

Encore 2

26. Kitty's Back

ice grillin you

bruce in richmond last night

28 songs
3 hr 15 min

insane

he played the album track that had gone the longest in his entire catalog without being played...first time in 28 years for 'crush on you'
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

i can't imagine how many people were wearing jean shorts at that show.

ice grillin you

i didnt see many but that could be cause i was popping a constant boner staring at all the MILF's....jesus were there some unbelievably hot 50 year old women there and lots of them
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

There were some serious hotties in Jax too but that's not all that uncommon.  I had club seats and the best part of sitting there is open access to full liquor all night long.  I ran out of money and had to hit the ATM about 2/3 of the way through the show.

Ugh.

Diomedes

Quote from: phattymatty on August 19, 2008, 11:36:46 AM
i can't imagine how many people were wearing jean shorts at that show.

lol
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

I'm going to see Kings of Leon...Nov. 15th @ Electric Factory! First time seeing them live :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Father Demon

Metallica was in St. Louis last night, but I didn't go.  Haven't liked them since way back, just like everyone.  But one thing I heard about the show is that they played edited versions of "For Whom The Bell Tolls" and "One", shortening them each by several minutes. 

What a sell out piece of shtein band they have become.

farg Metallica.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.