Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

you went to this why?  because you got free tickets?  please tell me you had some other reason than that
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

i had nothing better to do with my sorry excuse for a life?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

So no chance at some tail. You should have stayed home.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

I've been watching VH1 Rock Honors The Who for the last couple of hours.

It's farging awesome.

Greatest band ever or at least top 5.

ice grillin you

isnt the who a greatest hits band or do they have albums that are good all the way thru
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

ice grillin you

sorry im not a who aficionado

mussa

or a gentleman or a scholar...
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Father Demon

Cruefest.  I don't know if it's true or not, but Nikki Sixx said this was the first stop on a national Cruefest tour.

Bands:
Trapt
Sixx AM
Papa Roach
Buckcherry
Motley Crue

The sound for Trapt sucked.  I'm sure they were good, but I couldn't tell, because it sounded like mush.

Sixx AM was very, very good.  They rocked, and had great stage presence.  Plus, with it being Nikki Sixx's side project, the sound was great.

Papa Roach stole the show.  I went to this wanting to see Buckcherry, but I could have left after Papa Roach performed and thought I saw a great show.  I would absolutely see them again, whether they opened or headlined.   The lead singer, Jacoby Shaddix, went waaaaay deep into the crowd for a song, and Phanatic and I were right there next to him.  We were high-fived by a Roach.  Awesome.

Buckcherry - Great music, and a good show.  But following the Roach was bad for them.  They just couldn't pull it off as a semi-headliner.  Which disappointed me, because I'm a big fan.

Crue - started off VERY rough, with Vince Niel missing half his lines and making the crowd sing the first two songs.  After that, they were able to pull it together.  Did Live Wire, Anarchy, and Dr. Feelgood to win us back after a couple of zesty songs.  Great pyrotechnics and show.

There were two chickes there I tried really, really hard to get pictures of, because I knew you fargers would like them.  One was Pregnant Girl, wearing a skimpy bikini top and about 8 months pregnant.  In fact, we got better seats than our own because of her.  When she passed, we were right in front of Row One of the second half, and this old chick asked me "Did you see that shtein?"  To which I replied - "You know why I dig pregnant chicks? Because it's gets me THAT close to a threesome!"  She loved the line, and we sat in her better seats the rest of the show.  The second chick was Body Armor Chick, who was wearing a full upper body cast that had pre-molded tits on it, and she was rocking out as best she could without moving anything between her neck and hips.  You would have loved her.  My camera phone sucks ass, so no pictures.  Sorry.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Phanatic

Gotta say that despite the cheesey cliche music that is Motley Crew that hot chick in front of us practically stripped right in the isle to 'Girls Girls Girls'. Hitty hit hit F'n A!

Also sensed some animosity between Crew and the Buck Cherry guys. All the singers came out to chip in on a crew song except BC's singer and they were not mentioned by Vince Neil at all while everyone else was.

I was also surprised at how well Vince was able to sing the night. Despite cheating here and there he sounded pretty good for him.

That and yes Papa Roach stole the show no doubt about it...

To cap the evening we saw a pretty hot chick drop her pants and piss in the parking lot all over herself. It was hot and disgusting all at the same time...
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Diomedes

between you two at Cruefest and MDS' two stepping at the Billy Ray Cyrus show, it's like :CF is on a modern day anthropological field trip to the lowest depths of white america

now we just need someone to visit a skatepark Good Charlotte concert and we can say we know everything about scummy white america pop music shows
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

ill be going to three bruce springsteen concerts in the next three weeks...do i get a prize?

Diomedes

no.  he's legit and despite the fools who thought "born in the U.S.A." was a patriotic anthem, many of his fans actually do things like read books and go to work regularly

why three?  got an extra ticket?

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on July 21, 2008, 08:59:20 AM
no.  he's legit and despite the fools who thought "born in the U.S.A." was a patriotic anthem, many of his fans actually do things like read books and go to work regularly

why three?  got an extra ticket?

i dont have any tickets...im scalping to all three shows because i didnt want zesty $17 service charge seats off ticketmaster...giants stadium x 2 and richmond...may go to hershey as well

hes been tearing it up in europe...30+ song sets at 3 plus hours

Diomedes

~voodoo land~  wtf is going on here?  MDS goes to a kkk concert because it was free to get into, and vigy is going on tour with the Boss?  mother of god, what next?