SIXERS 2005-2006 SEASON THREAD

Started by PhillyGirl, October 07, 2005, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

hunt

nice win last night :yay
it's early but i gotta give ai credit for reducing his turnovers so far this season....4.6 per game last year is down to 2.5 this year with a 3-1 assist/turnover ratio.  let's hope he keeps it up.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

MDS

Quote from: mhunt on November 12, 2005, 11:25:43 AM
it's early but i gotta give ai credit for reducing his turnovers so far this season....4.6 per game last year is down to 2.5 this year with a 3-1 assist/turnover ratio.  let's hope he keeps it up.

but  but but he shoots to much.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

give the sixers a lot of credit for coming back hard after the horrific start...i still despise webber but i love this team...just wish willie g was around
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

LBIggle

can't wait till dalemburts (sp?) back.  this team might playoff pretend up until the end of the season.  i doubt they'll get in but it would be nice to give the young bucks a taste of a playoff race.

hunt

Quote from: MDS on November 12, 2005, 11:56:17 AM
Quote from: mhunt on November 12, 2005, 11:25:43 AM

but  but but he shoots to much.

yes...he does still shoot too much...and he's shooting a horrible percentage.
but at least he's decreased his turnovers so far...asking him to stop taking bad shots might be too much to ask for though.  he's only been in the league for 10 years...you can't expect him to learn everthing at once.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

farg Michael Jordan. Raging farging douchebubble.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 12, 2005, 12:02:12 PM
i still despise webber but i love this team

i wanna know what all the people who said, "he looks fresher and quicker this year" were looking at.  i still see the same old, hobbling player that played last year.  anytime he plays with his back to the basket he's a turnover waiting to happen.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm one who thinks CWebb looks better this year. To me he does by far.

He didn't do much against the Lakers, but he's been pretty good this year.

Let's put it this way...

Webber >>>>Van Softie
Webber >>>> the other #2 scorers who they paraded in and out of here.

WEST is GOD

Webber looks  a lot fresher this year. It's night and day. He moves quicker, he can actually give a shot fake and drive inside. He can actually rotate on defense. He did have microfracture surgery, so he will never be the Chris Webber of old, but he is a lot fresher than last season. Last game was a bad night for him, but besides that he's looked very good. His jump shot has been a bit off this year, but he's been very solid inside. Something he was terrible at last season. He had no lift inside.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

PhillyGirl

Anyone who can't see Webber is lighter and much more fresh this year is retarded.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

The Sixers are in 1st place in the Atlantic Division  :-D

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyGirl on November 13, 2005, 10:04:03 AM
Anyone who can't see Webber is lighter and much more fresh this year is retarded.

He definitly looks better lets see how long he can keep it up. I see him wearing down bigtime after the AS break. Hope I'm wrong but it's been that way with him for the last couple of seasons.