FLYERS 2005-06 SEASON THREAD!

Started by PhillyGirl, August 28, 2005, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffreyjpa

Came mighty close to blowing it...probably fortunate Spezza couldn't play tonight.

SD_Eagle5

Playoff like atmosphere and win tonight  :yay

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Flyers game traffic cost me an extra 10 minutes on my TEN HOUR FRIKKIN DRIVE today.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: jeffreyjpa on December 22, 2005, 09:26:04 PM
Came mighty close to blowing it...probably fortunate Spezza couldn't play tonight.

Oh please. With the number of Flyers hurt, that's a RIDICULOUS statement.

Nice to see Devorski and Co make some shtein calls at the end, as always. Typical. That call on Hatcher was preposterous.

Excellent win against one of the best teams in the NHL.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

jeffreyjpa

Quote from: PhillyGirl on December 22, 2005, 09:39:56 PM
Quote from: jeffreyjpa on December 22, 2005, 09:26:04 PM

Oh please. With the number of Flyers hurt, that's a RIDICULOUS statement.

Eh, fair point...

I was busy knee-jerk reacting to the four goal lead that was almost squandered. But, considering Ottawa is one of the better teams in the NHL so far this season, it was a nice home win for the Flyers. Anytime you get four early goals on Hasek, the offense is clicking.

Can't believe they'll be on the road for something like ten straight games, now. Damn, you, Disney on ice!

ice grillin you

Nice to see Devorski and Co make some shtein calls at the end, as always. Typical. That call on Hatcher was preposterous.

the refs were far worse towards ottawa than they were the flyers last night

the hooking call on heatly was especially awful

the road trip is actually not as bad as it seems...five of the games are btwn nyc and wash dc...chi is the farthest west they go...and only three of the eleven games are against above .500 teams
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

the Hatcher elbow call was a good call.  but not if you listen to the guys in the booth.  Hatch led with his elbow and hit the guy in the head, that's elbowing.  Fischer didn't duck down, his head stayed at the same level the entire time.  it was a sweet hit, but the ref made a good call.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Sun_Mo on December 23, 2005, 09:03:36 AM
the Hatcher elbow call was a good call.  but not if you listen to the guys in the booth.  Hatch led with his elbow and hit the guy in the head, that's elbowing.  Fischer didn't duck down, his head stayed at the same level the entire time.  it was a sweet hit, but the ref made a good call.

Agreed, even if elbowing weren't his intention it was the right call. The height excuse doesn't fly.

ice grillin you

you mean it wasnt a PREPOSTEROUS call
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

No, but Forsberg's "hooking" was a dive.

BigEd76

2 goals by Ben Eager send it to OT
Scoreless OT
Scoreless after 3 rounds of the shootout
Sudden death:  Handzus scores!  Stumpel has a wide open net to tie it...and whiffs!  Flyers win!

phillymic2000

Taking my daughter to her first Flyer game Jan 11th in Chicago! Can't wait. 10$ bucks for the cheap seats :yay

Rome

That was actually a pretty decent game last night.

I love it when no-names come through and win it.  Eager was the star of the game last night.  Well, according to the Panthers announcers, he was.

:-D

SD_Eagle5

Eager came damn close to scoring the hatrick

Great goaltending from both Nitty and Luongo lastnight.  :yay