Philadelphia

Started by Diomedes, October 19, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

you don't like vice taxes fine....that's more than fair...but anyone who says they don't like it in part because they don't trust the government with the money has to feel that way about all taxes and thus shouldn't believe in any
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

For the record, I'm down with this tax. 

Would welcome one in Baltimore.

Sugar water is poison.  If you want to ingest poison...it's fair to pay something extra for the trouble it causes the rest of us, thanks. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 27, 2016, 03:49:39 PM
you don't like vice taxes fine....that's more than fair...but anyone who says they don't like it in part because they don't trust the government with the money has to feel that way about all taxes and thus shouldn't believe in any

Your logic is infallible.

ice grillin you

I prefer common sensical...or maybe its both

you don't trust the govt with your money then you shouldn't have to give them any

General_Failure

Some kind of sensical, at least.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Sense and Sensibility is a great book.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

It's awesome to see so many of you argue over something that will make absolutely no difference in any of your lives. I'm against the soda tax. Why? We don't need anymore farging taxes that's why. That and my buddy owns a corner deli and he's scared shteinless this will hurt his business since it's "literally" 1 mile from the city limits (Neli's Deli in Somerton).

Philly puts red light cameras all around the Northeast, you don't see that shtein in the poorer communities. The property tax is skewed too not to mention the horrible city wage tax.

Wanna have money for programs, how about going after all the corruption, here's a start

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=penndot+corruption

And that's only one organization.

ice grillin you

we go after corruption better than any civilization ever....we are a country of 325 million people...that shtein is always going to be there...for how big we are we do a remarkable job of combating it

Quote from: SD on May 27, 2016, 10:22:59 PM
Philly puts red light cameras all around the Northeast, you don't see that shtein in the poorer communities.

people don't drive in the poorest sections of the city...instead they get murder mayhem and the worst schools in the country...but omg red light cameras have to be an indescribable burden to have to wake up to every day

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 27, 2016, 09:42:06 PM
I prefer common sensical...or maybe its both

you don't trust the govt with your money then you shouldn't have to give them any

Conversely, if you have absolute faith that every part of government is trustworthy and infallible, then you should just give them all of your money and let them decide how you should live your life.

For the record, I never said that I don't trust the government. What I dislike is an increasingly abusive machine that slowly leeches off of the populace and gives us all a virtual reach around by telling us that it's all for our own good.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on May 27, 2016, 10:40:32 PM
For the record, I never said that I don't trust the government.

I dont know....it kinda sounds like you dont

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on May 26, 2016, 10:35:43 AM
Because new tax revenues are always spent exactly how they are intended.

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on May 26, 2016, 02:28:37 PM
Politicians and bureaucrats take advantage of vices to create new lines of revenue. They tell us how they will help us all, while they line their pockets

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on May 27, 2016, 03:05:25 PM
slowly bleed the populace to support an ever-growing, money sucking political machine

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 27, 2016, 10:33:47 PM

Quote from: SD on May 27, 2016, 10:22:59 PM
Philly puts red light cameras all around the Northeast, you don't see that shtein in the poorer communities.

people don't drive in the poorest sections of the city...instead they get murder mayhem and the worst schools in the country...but omg red light cameras have to be an indescribable burden to have to wake up to every day

Yes they do. Why aren't there more redlight cameras further down the Boulevard? There's a shtein ton in the northeast. Boo hoo, stop farging murdering each other and move to a better school district. You're making excuses for irresponsible idiots who shoot each other at the drop of a dime and people who refuse to help themselves by moving. But hey, at least they're keeping it real.

You don't live in or around the city, don't pay city taxes, so your opinion is irrelevant.

MDS

is it possible that red light cameras are expensive and some of the worst intersections in the country happen to be along the god forsaken boulevard?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on May 27, 2016, 10:50:56 PM
is it possible that red light cameras are expensive and some of the worst intersections in the country happen to be along the god forsaken boulevard?

They're also on Bustleton ave in the NE and a few other spots that aren't bad intersections.

ice grillin you

im no redlight camera defender but if that's a valid concern in your life you are doing pretty damn well

and no people who cant afford food don't generally have cars....why do you think voter id laws target poor and old people....its because they don't have driver licenses

Quote from: SD on May 27, 2016, 10:49:08 PM
Boo hoo, stop farging murdering each other and move to a better school district. You're making excuses for irresponsible idiots who shoot each other at the drop of a dime and people who refuse to help themselves by moving. But hey, at least they're keeping it real.

holy farging shtein

MDS

it probably has something to do with ne philly having the highest concentration of localized drivers with enough of a disposable income to pay the fines

think about the other main areas of the city....all have access to public trans or have some kind of tourist/non city resident factor (who are less likely to bother paying). the only people who go to the neast are people who live there, who by and large are working or middle class that can begrudgingly pay 50 bucks or whatever.

the less here is to move to the utopia that is s philly near me
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.