Super Wild Card Weekend - 2021

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 10, 2022, 01:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah a generally sloppy first weekend. Adding playoff teams didn't help

Bengals and Raiders had the ghost whistle and Carr spiking the ball for no reason and then throwing a pick

Pats and Bills was not competitive

Eagles and Bucs also not competitive

Niners and Cowboys was close and had a wild finish but it wouldn't have been that way without shoddy fundamentals

Chiefs and Steelers not competitive

This game is a slopfest

MDS

nothing more on point than football sluts complaining about football

call the nfl's bluff and dont watch or take it up the ass...im certain yall gonna keep watchin

game quality is incredibly random. calm down.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm calm. I watch it all. It's an opportunity to bet football so I'm IN.

Doesn't change what I said tho

MDS

i dont even understand the argument cranky old white man twitter is trying to make with that...theres a bunch of blowouts this weekend so football is done? the nfl is never coming back from this?

adding the extra playoff teams was a no lose financial move. they added 2 playoff games...they made more teams hang in the playoff race because of the playoff spot. its more money all around in every direction. the audience doesnt care and eats it up. what the farg are we even talking about.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Quote from: Diomedes on January 17, 2022, 08:42:24 PM
Is OBJ doing a celebration about shooting drugs into his veins?  What was that?

It's an ice water in the veins taunt. I can understand the confusion.

Quote from: MDS on January 17, 2022, 10:25:44 PM
adding the extra playoff teams was a no lose financial move. they added 2 playoff games...they made more teams hang in the playoff race because of the playoff spot. its more money all around in every direction. the audience doesnt care and eats it up. what the farg are we even talking about.

Live sports are making money like it's the dot com bubble all over again. Hell, the WWE is putting out the worst, least watchable product they've produced since the early 90s and NBC is giving them billions for it. At its best they get maybe 2 million viewers these days.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

live sports accounted for like 98% of the most watched programs of the year...its basically all football and mostly nfl. this year the nfl has seen its highest numbers in 5 years.

greedy ghoulish businesses make money and simps eat it up...we are the simps

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 17, 2022, 09:03:07 PM
Quote from: TAFKASD on January 17, 2022, 09:35:44 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 16, 2022, 09:47:31 PM
Quote from: TAFKASD on January 16, 2022, 04:53:07 PM
Little different when you're not playing the Eagles backups

FYI eagle starters  ain't good

FYI Neither are Dallas's

You might want to sit this one out

Oh boy eagle fans special

Micah Parsons league mvp lol

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on January 17, 2022, 10:25:44 PM
i dont even understand the argument cranky old white man twitter is trying to make with that...theres a bunch of blowouts this weekend so football is done? the nfl is never coming back from this?

Who said football is done? Just pointing out as a product it may not mean more is better. But I'm still gonna watch. Sometimes it shouldn't be all about the money.

MDS

the product was great last week, not good this week. same as it ever was. sometimes games are good and sometimes theyre bad. twitter sucks for 1000 reasons but groupthink narratives are insufferable....more football, even blowouts, is better than no football. would you rather have 6 games or 4 games this weekend even if 2 of them are generally gonna be blowouts. its not even a question.

PhillyPhreak54

Like I said I'll take them

But I do enjoy close games too where the drama is palpable

QB Eagles

Wild card weekend was weak when it was just four games also. There's always been fairly terrible wild card teams like the Eagles, and fraud division champions like the Cowboys who beat up on a pathetic division.

Divisional round on the other hand is usually the best football weekend of the year.

I don't like the 7th team but I do like only the #1 seed getting the bye, making dominance of the regular season more of a prize.

MDS

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 18, 2022, 01:21:42 AM
Wild card weekend was weak when it was just four games also. There's always been fairly terrible wild card teams like the Eagles, and fraud division champions like the Cowboys who beat up on a pathetic division.

Divisional round on the other hand is usually the best football weekend of the year.

I don't like the 7th team but I do like only the #1 seed getting the bye, making dominance of the regular season more of a prize.

tv averages
2020 - 24.5m
2021- 29.8m

you people dont get it.

it aintis about the money...the boy goodell gave you up

PhillyPhreak54

Nobody is arguing the appeal to the fan or ratings

The point was the teams, despite people watching, were not competitive.

MDS

thats not a point...nobody cares about that

everyone made money last weekend and thats all that matters. players, owners, league, tv networks. everyone was thrilled. money be green yo

QB Eagles

I was speaking as a fan, not as an advertiser or team owner.