things ill be watching most closely next year...in order

1. carson wentz snap count and health status
2. dolphins win total

3. eagles football

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed. The first two are hugely important.

QB Eagles

Eagles are going to be Process level terrible. Any positive developments between now and the '22 draft are just gravy.

MDS

Quote from: QB Eagles on March 26, 2021, 02:32:00 PM
Eagles are going to be Process level terrible. Any positive developments between now and the '22 draft are just gravy.

im not saying theyre gonna be good but nobody in the nfl is that good or that bad

there is a scenario where the eagles can win 8-10 games and make the playoffs. there is also a more likely scenario where they win 4 games, hurts goes to live wit j in houston and sirianni is bumming cigs on 10th and shunk with the other south philly guidos
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Washington won the division last season so yeah, anything can happen. And they get to play a last-place schedule.

But with the moves the team is making, it sure makes it seem like internally they think it's a lost season and the focus is building for 2022 and beyond.

Most straightforward way of getting better ahead of schedule is if Hurts catches fire in year two. I think that's not likely to happen but we've seen many QBs take that surprise leap so I don't think it's impossible.

MDS

theyre trying to do both things. the likely scenario for 2021 is like 5 wins or something, but they kept most of the OL, fletch, slay, etc. because its not an outright hinkie level tank

at the same time theyre more focused on 22 and 23 as competition window openings with the caveat that they need to collect assets to get a qb either via the draft or trade or whatever

if it were truly a lost season someone better tell kelce
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on March 26, 2021, 02:56:32 PM

im not saying theyre gonna be good but nobody in the nfl is that good or that bad

there is a scenario where the eagles can win 8-10 games and make the playoffs. there is also a more likely scenario where they win 4 games, hurts goes to live wit j in houston and sirianni is bumming cigs on 10th and shunk with the other south philly guidos

Ain't wearing no Astros gear in my crib though

Rome

I say Hurts will be the next Russell Wilson. 

Who's with meeeeeeee?!?

Eagaholic

I'm on board, maybe. It depends on where the factory direct shipping sends him off to.

Lurie cited Doug's wanting to win now rather than prepare for a mid term that can get then back to a SB as a reason for canning him. Whether real or imagined it telegraphed an intent in this kind of move down, and I'm glad they did. I can't imagine how happy this makes Howie, another couple of years to tinker around with.

MDS

athletic guys did a quick mock and had smith lasting to 12

eagles twitter is already booking their tickets to canton for chase but who the farg knows i dont know

General_Failure

I am prepared to boo any and every potential draft pick.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on March 26, 2021, 02:56:32 PM

there is a scenario where the eagles can win 8-10 games and make the playoffs.

theres zero chance of this but if it makes you feel better

you are right about tanking in the nfl but the eagles dont have to tank they have the least talented roster in the league and a horrendous qb...so they wont get zero wins because of injury, turnover, special teams variance but they will have a top 3 pick

ice grillin you

also dont forget how epically bad their coaching staff is

MDS

if hurts is indeed terrible yes they will get a top 3 pick

there is a scenario where he improves from last year (this is happened before in sports history, a player being better than anyone anticipated), sirianni is legit and they use the last place schedule/weak division combo to get to the 8-10 area.

will this happen? likely not. but hurts is not a known zesty commodity like nate sudfeld. the eagles hired the worst coach they couldve thought of and he won a super bowl. *shrugs*

ice grillin you

i mean anything is possible when you deal in fiction and fantasy...thats what makes it so awesome