Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

You misspelled outfielder. 

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 12, 2019, 09:53:24 AM
imagine buying in on a team who's second best pitcher is vince velasquez

You'll be alright - you got your Nats and Mets.

MDS

it was more than fair to buy into them in the beginning of the year...on paper their lineup was great. knew they needed more pitching talent but conceivably these were things that could be added.

as it turns out their lineup is a farce. the pitching got worse. everyone is hurt. somehow theyre above .500 and "in" in the playoff race, because it feels like they should be 20 under.

they need to fire that hook nose kapler 5 weeks ago
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

They should have fired him immediately after he gave Nola the hook in game 1 of last season. 

He has no idea what he's doing.  Basically he's running the team like Trump is running the government. 

MDS

he was actually in contention for manager of the year last year before they tanked. he shouldve been fired after that...but fine whatever give him another crack. theyve been terrible since may and everyone has regressed. its farging brutal. still there. what a joke.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on August 12, 2019, 11:11:17 AM
he was actually in contention for manager of the year last year before they tanked.

lol what does this even mean

and if you were in on this pitching staff you deserve whatever you get
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Rich Kotite was up for coach of the year when the Eagles opened 7-2.  Not so much when they ended up 7-9.  Truth is Kotite was a better football coach than Kapler is a baseball manager. 

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 12, 2019, 11:46:36 AM
lol what does this even mean

it means that in like mid august 2018 kapler was, by all accounts, do a very good job. then shtein got bad and he couldnt stop it and its pretty much only gotten worse this year.

chip kelly went 10-6 in his first 2 years. some guys are good for a short period of time, then they aint.

Geowhizzer

He should have been fired when he put in a reliever he hadn't warmed up.

MDS

this dude on the reds became the first player since 1997 to hit 3 bombs in one of his first 10 games. the last player? the one and only bobby estellella.

roided up bobby took pedro deep twice. solid start from matt beech, too.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/MON/MON199709040.shtml

Munson

Reports are Charlie is back as the new hitting coach
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

QB Eagles

PhillyPhreak54

Mallee was fired three months too late.

Good to see Chuck back.

Rome

Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. 

MDS

they gave melle the keys to the organizational hitting strategy and then took them away like 5 seconds later

sound plan. working well.