Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Don Ho

Thank you really needed that after watching the train wreck at the link yesterday
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Kimbrel signing official.  RHP Francisco Morales DFA'd.

PhillyPhreak54

Mount up, Todd - go get this Phils beat job.

https://twitter.com/jsalisburynbcs/status/1611034493191602178 46&t=ykhi79h9HII-dvz_bPnKTg

MDS

they couldnt afford me
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Yes but we'd pay you in online love for inside scoops. That, my friend, is priceless.

MDS

i already get stuff from john and can predict everything else...what more do you want you needy texan

fine fine ill invite garrett stubbs to passover and yank his chain
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Atta way! Garrett, John and Todd breaking bread. I'll send some manischewitz

Geowhizzer

SD

Alvarado/Strahm/Soto...that's a nice set of lefties in the bp

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

couple different angles to this

the trade is a depth for potential high leverage swap. soto can be and has been very good, team control for 3 years, throws in the high 90s. but hes also been inconsistent and wild. so lotta trust here that cotham and staff can do what they did for alvarado and get him right. if he is..look the farg out.

they now have 7 bullpen locks. id assume a 5 man rotation, which means 1 bullpen spot is open and itll be a long man type with options (think chris sanchez). the other thing they can do is swing the 5th spot around from falter to plassymer to painter and do some roster mechanics between them to bring in extra arm when needed. we'll see.

sands sucks, who cares. maton is a solid utility guy but completely replaceable. vierling was their 4th OF and was going to play a bunch. he is what he is but their in house options are dalton guthrie and johan rojas. there is nothing available in free agency. so dombo either has another trade or hes going with 1 of those 2 as the 2nd CF, who will play against lefties for marsh a lot.

id expect d hall to have a very good chance to make the roster now. jake cave as well. maybe they bring in a veteran type like aj pollock now that some playing time has opened up.

Geowhizzer

With the trend toward starters being capped at 6-7 innings (with rare exceptions for 8 ), the bullpen is an arms race.

Soto is another great arm to add to that bullpen.  They can mix and match lefties and righties, and all have big arms.

Geowhizzer

Rome

Not sure about the trade but the Phillies trading for a guy named Kody (with a K, no less) Clemens(!) might just be the thing that finally pushes IGY over the edge for good.