Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 04, 2014, 11:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Romo must think it's the 4th quarter.

PhillyPhreak54

QB Eagles

Dez Bryant just got annihilated.

QB Eagles

I only caught parts of it due to the Eagles game, but Saints-Falcons looked like the game of the week. I always thought that rivalry was sorta contrived (I mean, how much can you hate a nonentity like the Falcons), but that was a fierce game.

MDS

holy crap the cowboys stink

side note: decent idea for the eagles to be 3-0 heading into that niners game
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

I like the overlay FOX is using this year, but I hope they can figure out how to scale it properly so that there isn't two pixels of camera footage around it at the bottom of the screen.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 07, 2014, 05:02:46 PM

wow

There's more red jerseys in that stadium than there are in Tampa's today.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

Quote from: QB Eagles on September 07, 2014, 05:03:58 PM
I only caught parts of it due to the Eagles game, but Saints-Falcons looked like the game of the week. I always thought that rivalry was sorta contrived (I mean, how much can you hate a nonentity like the Falcons), but that was a fierce game.

actually its quite a good rivalry....both teams have been around longer than youd think and the cities are relatively close to each, at least as the south goes.

it doesnt have the history or passion of the old school pre-merger rivalries, or the talent of the hawks/niners, but its pretty good and meaningful to the fan bases
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Southern Dome teams in black with HOF-worthy kickers named Andersen/Anderson. That's enough for a rivalry.

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on September 07, 2014, 05:05:34 PMit doesnt have the history or passion of the old school pre-merger rivalries, or the talent of the hawks/niners, but its pretty good and meaningful to the fan bases

Yeah I have a buddy who's a Saints fan. He truly hates the Falcons. I just don't get it, man. It's the Falcons for crying out loud. Eagles fans hate Jerry Jones, Daniel Snyder, and New York City. I think most of the country can at least understand those impulses.

QB Eagles

Logan Mankins injured. He is/was going to be big for that Bucs offense this season.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 07, 2014, 03:24:34 PM
Chiefs lost Derrick Johnson to torn Achilles

Also their starting DE Mike DeVito.

Even before the season, everyone had this team pegged for major regression. Now the bandwagon is emptying real fast.

MDS

so the cowboys are just....dreadful

Geowhizzer

To be fair, we were saying the same thing about the Eagles three hours ago.

But Dallas really is bad. 

General_Failure

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on September 07, 2014, 05:20:35 PM
so the cowboys are just....dreadful

Their defense, especially beyond the line, is ridiculously bad. I think the offense will be basically functional and not much different from what we've seen from Romo in years past.

I'm not a huge believer in this 49ers team and I think this season they will regress a little from what they've been the last couple of years. They are better than the Eagles, but I think the Eagles will face an even more challenging early test against the Colts.