Around The NFL - 2014

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 03, 2014, 06:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

They probably can't fit Byrd and Orakpo into the budget, but if they could, then spent their first few picks on D...next year would be interesting.

I really doubt they go after Byrd/Ward...Orakpo maybe. 9 days.

Eagaholic

Quote from: SD on March 02, 2014, 01:12:21 PM
They probably can't fit Byrd and Orakpo into the budget, but if they could, then spent their first few picks on D...next year would be interesting.

I really doubt they go after Byrd/Ward...Orakpo maybe. 9 days.
I don't get the sense they will go after Byrd or Ward either even though safeties command less pay than other defense positions and is their greatest need. I'll bet they are mulling the possibilities of Orakpo though. In the Banner/Reid days they would go after the top FA (or trade) if it was at one of their key 4 or 5 positions but I don't know if Howie will still do that.

BigEd76

supposedly the latest offer to Byrd would've guaranteed $30M over the first 3 years

Eagaholic

Yikes, if most of the guaranteed money was in the 1st 3 years and a small percent left as signing bonus I could see going for it if we were one of the teams with crazy cap space, but that's too much for US now. 

Diomedes

Quote from: BigEd76 on March 02, 2014, 03:33:50 PM
supposedly the latest offer to Byrd would've guaranteed $30M over the first 3 years

Lol...no thanks.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

BigEd76

BigEd76

yeaaa

PhillyPhreak54

General_Failure

The Arena League would laugh at that. NFL Europe would laugh at that.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

Maybe it looks better on the field, but first impression is that is a garbage, bottom-tier uniform. The only aspect I like is the chrome facemask.

QB Eagles

Steelers put the transition tag on Worilds.

PhillyPhreak54

That's an xfl uniform

Where He Hate Me at?!

BigEd76

the number font is reminding people of an alarm clock

PhillyPhreak54

BigEd76

Any thoughts on this latest idea being tossed around by the NFL where PATs would be snapped from the 25-yd line, making them 42 yards?  Chip wouldn't be able to do his sneak attack 8-0 leads anymore