Wild Card Weekend vs New Orleans Saints

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 29, 2013, 11:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: General_Failure on January 04, 2014, 11:06:51 PM
That horsecollar tackle definitely saved a touchdown. Shame the legs are still whole, though.

I watched it again and you are correct. Sproles was gone if Williams doesn't do something.  He had only the tooth pick to beat if he gets past Williams.  What a farging horrible kick.  Birds would have been better off had he scored.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

tampa cant win in the cold lets go to philly
tony romo needs to win a playoff game just dial up the eagles
saints cant win on the road all aboard the linc train

farg this pos franchise
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

TexasEagle

Quote from: SD on January 04, 2014, 11:54:38 PM
We can sit here and pick apart the team, or we can just acknowledge they overperformed this season. Sure, it's a bummer they lost and yeah I want a Superbowl as bad as the next fan, but there's not enough talent to make that happen this season.

Pretty much all that needs to be said about this season. Sure it sucks that they lost but NO ONE thought the Eagles would sniff the playoffs much less the Superbowl. Anyone that says they would/could win it all this year is either flat out lying or a complete farging idiot.

This team did more than anyone could have hoped given the extreme lack of talent on the Defense. And given how the season started off - with their zesty defense that everyone knew was bad from the start - why anyone is crying about them getting bumped from the playoffs is mindboggling. I guess it helps that I'm not a fan of Philly sports in general, just the Eagles, but some of you guys need to get a farging grip.

ice grillin you

imo thats a cop out in todays nfl....you make the playoffs the expectation should be making the superbowl...theres only three teams in the playoffs who are clearly better than the eagles....denver seattle san fran...and with the draw they had (new orleans, carolina) you were only guaranteed to have to play one of them to win the superbowl

theres no reason they shouldnt have won last night and theres no reason they couldnt go to carolina and win...then maybe you get san fran at home...you never know...but i farging would have loved to find out...and im sitting here salty as farg that they didnt even won game towards that end...im certainly not sitting here saying im so proud of you guys well get em next year...because theres just as much chance they go 5-11 next year as 11-5

luckily it was a very small group a few hundred people but they were at the eagles tunnel after the game last night cheering the team as they came off the field....it made me sick....you were favored at home in the playoffs

hbionic

I'm 100% in agreement with this and it's why it pisses me off. This with the fact that whenever another team has never won, or can't do this or that, or stats point to them losing, when they play Philly, they win. I knew this was going to farging happen. They should have won. No reason they couldn't have. farging cursed farging team.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

TexasEagle

Then enjoy being miserable I guess. They didn't win because the defense is not good enough. It's the exact thing that people have been saying ALL YEAR about this team and now you guys are shocked, surprised and angry that they lost because the defense couldn't stop the Saints when it mattered? Eh, whatever...

Only one team is going to win it every year and if anyone was delusional enough to think that this team, this year, was going to be the one to win it then I have nothing to say to you but, "suck it up, buttercup". They lost, get over it.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

its wasnt the defense...well it was on the last drive but it never should have come to that....because overall the offense was the bigger problem...one of the reasons new orleans was able to run the ball like they did is because the eagle offense allowed them too...the defense gave up 6 pts in the first half...if the offense puts up 17 like they should have the saints come out throwin and playing catch up

i mean the eagles couldnt even throw for 200 yards...thats pathetic in todays league and is like not throwing for 100 yards 15 years ago

24 pts allowed to drew brees isnt terrible....jimmy graham was basically taken out of the game and they forced two turnovers...not sure how much more you want from them

but the offense passed for under 200 and rushed for 80....thats unacceptable

TexasEagle

Quote from: hbionic on January 05, 2014, 04:35:11 PM
Buttercup? Now you're just flirting.

It's what I do. Plus it rhymes, and I'm all about rhyming.

TexasEagle

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 05, 2014, 04:35:37 PM
its wasnt the defense...well it was on the last drive but it never should have come to that....because overall the offense was the bigger problem...

Offense left the field with the lead and less than 5 minutes left in the game...but yeah, it was the offense's fault because they let the Saints run all the time off the clock and kick a chip shot field goal. Yep, that makes perfect sense. Anyway, have a good Sunday, this is a pointless conversation at this point.

General_Failure

Foles made some bad decisions, the offensive line didn't block great, Cooper dropped an easy pass, Henery missed a kick everyone knew he was going to miss and couldn't get his kickoffs in the endzone, the kickoff team totally forgot what they were doing on their last kickoff, the defense couldn't stop the run when they knew it was coming, and Chip called some dumb plays sometimes.

There's plenty of blame to go around.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: TexasEagle on January 05, 2014, 04:39:38 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 05, 2014, 04:35:37 PM
its wasnt the defense...well it was on the last drive but it never should have come to that....because overall the offense was the bigger problem...

Offense left the field with the lead and less than 5 minutes left in the game...but yeah, it was the offense's fault because they let the Saints run all the time off the clock and kick a chip shot field goal. Yep, that makes perfect sense. Anyway, have a good Sunday, this is a pointless conversation at this point.

nfl games are 60 minutes long

MDS

honestly you can say they lost as a team...no one player or part of the team you can blame it in

in a perfect world youd like to score more than 24 points at home in a playoff game....and youd like to hold a lead with 5 minutes to go at home in a playoff game....and not give up a back breaking kick return and stupid penalty

they lost its over move on
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

I was looking at that yesterday and it seems like the dude who took the loogie, who is a college football player, was in it for the publicity.

I was looking at his timeline and he was pimping that video to every news outlet.

Maybe someone will Dennis Byrd his ass