Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

First 4 episodes are available on a hack site. I'd rather wait

Eagles_Legendz

Apparently zesty quality + if you watch now it's a month long wait until the next new one.  Rather it a week at a time.

MDS

can someone tell me why they talk with english accents if it takes place in some made up neverworld
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Can someone tell me why there are humans in it if it takes place in some made up neverworld

About a half hour left. Wondering what storylines we're definitely going to get this week. Tyrion and Dany seem like a must. Probably Jon/Stannis at the wall as well, and Jaime/Cersei/Kings Landing. Not sure if we'll see the Boltons, Littlefinger/Sansa, Martell's/Dorne or Arya this week. Maybe a little bit of Arya on the boat, but doubt she lands in Braavos yet.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

Quote from: MDS on April 12, 2015, 08:19:58 PM
can someone tell me why they talk with english accents if it takes place in some made up neverworld

All fantasy settings are in Fake England with nearby tundras, deserts, jungles, and sometimes a Fake China where everyone also speaks with a Fake English accent.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

That hour went way too quick

Diomedes

I've only seen a few of the first season episodes, but I recall Scottish accents.  Am I mistaken?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

I only hear West Baltimore accents

QB Eagles

Quote from: Diomedes on April 12, 2015, 09:57:27 PM
I've only seen a few of the first season episodes, but I recall Scottish accents.  Am I mistaken?

North of Dorne, I think all the accents are supposed to be basically mapped onto England. So in the north, they are supposed to talk like Yorkshire (which native Sean Bean achieves, but basically no one else in his family does). In Kings Landing, it's Received Pronunciation for all the nobles.

The actors vary in their success at achieving this. Even though most of the actors are British, many of them are supposed to be using non-native accents. Some don't particularly try. And of course Tyrion sounds like an American doing a particularly weird and bad English accent (yet it somehow works).

smeags

the people from the iron bank sound like new york jewish folk.  :paranoid
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Eagles_Legendz

I gave in and watched the other 3 because yeah.

SD

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 16, 2015, 07:01:25 PM
I gave in and watched the other 3 because yeah.

zesty quality?

I'm staying patient

Eagles_Legendz

nah the quality was pretty good...not as good as it'll be on TV obviously but it was solid.  I won't say anything about what I watched other than they are seriously diverging from the books & that each episode is better than the last (2 is more of a table setter still like the premiere whereas 4 is really good).

rjs246

Quote from: MDS on April 12, 2015, 08:19:58 PM

Because Star Wars.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

What the farg, Jon Snow. Take the goddamn offer from Stannis. :boom
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds