Week 2--Eagles vs Falcons

Started by reese125, September 13, 2011, 05:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

To me it looked like the defense wore down at the end of the game. I think losing Parker and not having Tapp really hurt them.

As far as losses go it could be worse.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Eagles should have been up a lot more than they were when Vick went out for numerous reasons that have already been stated. Also, the defense played great in the middle of the game and in the middle of the field, but came up really small in the 4th quarter and in the red zone. And the team lost the 2nd game of the season to a pretty good team, on the road, by only 4 points.

Pretty sure this isn't a catastrophe. Now root for the Giants to win tonight (but ugly), because if they start out 0-2, they will be playing desperate ball next week against an Eagles team likely QB'd by Mike Kafka.

SD

So the Eagles have a 6'2 CB who can cover so why not stick DRC on Tony Gonzales instead of sticking Chaney/Page with that assignment? Even if the Falcons come out with a 3 WR set you're better off matching the safety on that guy rather than having DRC wasted on covering him.

ice grillin you

the problem is and atlanta was smart in doing this is that gonzalez was getting most of his catches out of four and sometimes even five wide spreads....and theres no way you can put coleman or page on a wr in that scenario...a #3 wr is still a worse matchup than a HOF te for a slow ass safety

basically they are farged because they chose to ignore the lb and safety positions
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

From Jeff McLane:

Nnamdi said the original game plan had for him covering Gonzalez more often, but Castillo had to switch things up when DRC sprained his ankle.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

General_Failure

Can't say I'd have been opposed to that gameplan, but still. Linebackers.

The man. The myth. The legend.

reese125

Quote from: FastFreddie on September 19, 2011, 10:39:37 AM
The Eagles should have been up a lot more than they were when Vick went out for numerous reasons that have already been stated. Also, the defense played great in the middle of the game and in the middle of the field, but came up really small in the 4th quarter and in the red zone. And the team lost the 2nd game of the season to a pretty good team, on the road, by only 4 points.

Pretty sure this isn't a catastrophe. Now root for the Giants to win tonight (but ugly), because if they start out 0-2, they will be playing desperate ball next week against an Eagles team likely QB'd by Mike Kafka.

How could you root for a division rival to win games out of fear of motivation for the following week? Team records are pretty important come playoff time, so I would much rather have the Giants 0-2. The whole desperate ball thing is overplayed. You either have the better team or you don't.

I'll take my chances with Young and even Kafka playing a very beat up and depleted Giants team.

reese125

Quote from: SunMo on September 19, 2011, 11:12:06 AM
From Jeff McLane:

Nnamdi said the original game plan had for him covering Gonzalez more often, but Castillo had to switch things up when DRC sprained his ankle.

Love to know when he sprained his ankle because DRC looked fast as shtein tracking some of those plays down

SunMo

he was questionable coming into the game, he did it against St. Louis
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

From Jeff McLane:

That makes sense. I didn't see DRC for what seemed like the entire first half.

As far as last nights game goes, yeah I'm pissed this morning they didn't win. But anyone who watched that game knows the Eagles were the better team and should have one. I guess that fact makes me a little less upset.

Sgt PSN

Didn't seem to bother him when he was chasing down Turner in the 4th qtr.  Of course, that was running straight, the issue with him may have been trying to plant and turn with a receiver.  Still, at some point in that game you have to know that the lb's and safeties can't cover Gonzo and try something new.  Worst that happens is you get burned....which was already happening to begin with. 

Sgt PSN

The thing I'm most pissed about is that Vick is being careless with the football like he was in his Atl days.  Obviously he's not going to have a stretch like last year when he went like 7 games/11 td's without a turnover, but very few qb's ever do.  When he's out of the pocket running, he needs to tuck the ball away.  He was just saying a few days ago how he played rb in high school....then farging carry the rock like a rb when you run dipshtein. 

ice grillin you

yeah i saw nothing wrong with rodgers cromartie the whole game

but even if he was hurt theres just no way you put assy on a te and page or coleman on a wr

if we know how much the eagle lb's and safties suck guess what....so does the rest of the league...and whats gonna happen is what happened last night....you are gonna spread out four or five wide with one of them often being the te to force the eagles to have to cover in space with a backer or safety...where it really hurt was in the 4th quarter where the DL was gassed and could no longer get any pressure on ryan

page is disgustingly slow and so unathletic when it comes to coming out of a break or turning his hips...i honestly dont know how he is getting run in the nfl
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

Quote from: SD on September 19, 2011, 11:50:40 AM
From Jeff McLane:

That makes sense. I didn't see DRC for what seemed like the entire first half.

As far as last nights game goes, yeah I'm pissed this morning they didn't win. But anyone who watched that game knows the Eagles were the better team and should have one. I guess that fact makes me a little less upset.

Think of how many times that phrase "The Eagles were the better team and should have won" could possibly be used this year with that lb core giving up huge plays late in games and in the red zone.

Shtein, I hope Reid called McDermott last night and apologized to him.

Sgt PSN

McDermott wouldn't have made a difference.  Castillo is an easy scapegoat.  Fault the FO for not investing in linebackers.  Fault Reid for getting too cute around the goal line.  Fault Vick for being careless with the football. 

I really liked the amount of pressure the Eagles were getting last night without blitzing.  The d-line is looking pretty legit on pass plays.  But when they go to that 9 wide technique, any QB with a pulse should be smart enough to audible to a run right up the gut.  If the Eagles even had so much as a quality MLB, it wouldn't be a major issue.  But you get a rb through the hole and 1 on 1 (or even 1 on 2) with these LB's and it's going to be 8+ yds. 

ALL IN!