Week 2--Eagles vs Falcons

Started by reese125, September 13, 2011, 05:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

6 catches for Falcons' WRs and 35 points.  That will be the Eagles D all year.  Why throw at a WR ever when you are given 15 yards to a TE all game?

Rome

It's so funny because they spend a trillion dollars on the defensive secondary and defensive line and totally ignored the one set of positions where they had absolutely no one of value.  Their shortsightedness and arrogant presumption are infuriating.

General_Failure

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on September 18, 2011, 11:56:51 PM
more like trying to invent a peg that isn't there because his brother is a round peg

You guys might not get so worked up about it if you'd go out and get lathed.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagles_Legendz

oh and a gigantic farg you too to juan castillo.  throw him in a bag with the LBs and safeties and throw them in an ocean.  play 11 on 6 and its the same difference.

SunMo

it may be a WIPish question, but they farg don't you put Nnamdi or DRC up on Gonzalez, especially in the red zone?  obviously Paige was not good enough to do the job.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 18, 2011, 11:57:35 PM
Quote from: SunMo on September 18, 2011, 11:52:16 PM
i want to know what happened to the defense outside of the red zone in the 4th quarter though.  it appeared that Matt Ryan had started audibling on every play and he was eating them up.  they obviously figured something out that they could read at the line and change the play.

going to the no huddle was a brilliant strategy because it nullified the pass rush by wearing out the d line....they were spent and got very little pressure in the 4th quarter

It wasn't brilliant, dude.  It was as obvious as a miniskirt on a hooker.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: General_Failure on September 18, 2011, 11:58:59 PM
more like trying to invent a peg that isn't there because his brother is a round peg

I'd rather the linebackers get flayed.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: SunMo on September 18, 2011, 11:59:47 PM
it may be a WIPish question, but they farg don't you put Nnamdi or DRC up on Gonzalez, especially in the red zone?  obviously Paige was not good enough to do the job.

because there is a OLine coach who is supposed to be making these adjustments

Rome

Quote from: General_Failure on September 18, 2011, 11:58:59 PM

Alright... that made me chuckle.

SunMo

the awful 4th quarter totally negates some great performances by Nnamdi, Assante, Cole, and Jenkins.  the farging dline is scary, but the linebackers are going to negate that the entire season.

General_Failure

Can they trade Kafka straight up for a linebacker?

SunMo

by the way, they did a good job of working Kafka into the game with runs and quick throws.  then he makes the great throw to Maclin down the field.  then, they didn't try another goddamn thrown down the field, they just did more bubble screen bullshtein.

terrible offensive play calls

General_Failure

Quote from: SunMo on September 19, 2011, 12:04:28 AM
by the way, they did a good job of working Kafka into the game with runs and quick throws.  then he makes the great throw to Maclin down the field.  then, they didn't try another goddamn thrown down the field, they just did more bubble screen bullshtein.

terrible offensive play calls

Well, when you've got an offense built for the big play, you don't want to go trying it all the time. You stick to the WR screens to build confidence in the new QB and make the receivers afraid of getting hit.

Rome

I don't mean to go all IGY here but this group of linebackers might be the worst I've ever seen on the Eagles.   They don't have a shred of athletic ability.  They're all weak and undersized and slow as farg.  I can't believe Stewie or even Ernie Sims would be this dreadful.

ice grillin you

what lost them the game was not the d....they gave away way too many offensive red zone pts...and in general left to many pts on the field....awful drops....killer turnovers ect...

the d is not a suprise and its going to be like this most of the year....score five more pts and you win
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous