2010 College Football Thread

Started by ice grillin you, April 15, 2010, 03:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

what a farging joke this is...the pussification of america continues...i cant wait for romey rjs or some other old guy to tell me this is a good rule

But it's the taunting rule that likely will create the biggest buzz.

Currently, players who are penalized for taunting on their way to the end zone draw a 15-yard penalty on the extra point attempt, 2-point conversion attempt or the ensuing kickoff.

Beginning in 2011, live-ball penalties will be assessed from the spot of the foul and eliminate the score. Examples include players finishing touchdown runs by high-stepping into the end zone or pointing the ball toward an opponent.

Celebration penalties following a score will continue to be assessed on conversion attempts or the ensuing kickoff.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

charlie

Just think, in a couple of years they're going to stop keeping score as to not hurt the losers feelings.

Rome

Drunkmasterflex

That is the dumbest sthein for a rule ever.  What exactly is the interpretation of "taunting"?
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Don Ho

Quote from: charlie on April 15, 2010, 03:35:03 PM
Just think, in a couple of years they're going to stop keeping score as to not hurt the losers feelings.

But that's ok because every one will get a trophy after they run through the human tunnel that their parents will make.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

FOXSports has a 2011 mock draft already.  UNC's defense is gonna be sick

01 RAMS = A.J. Green (Georgia WR)
02 BUCCANEERS = Julio Jones (Alabama WR)
03 BILLS = Jake Locker (Washington QB)
04 PANTHERS = Cameron Heyward (Ohio State DE)
05 LIONS = Patrick Peterson (LSU CB)
06 JAGUARS = Ryan Mallett (Arkansas QB)
07 CARDINALS = Gabe Carimi (Wisconsin OT)
08 BROWNS = Michael Floyd (Notre Dame WR)
09 CHIEFS = Anthony Castonzo (Boston College OT)
10 PATRIOTS (from OAK) = Greg Jones (Michigan State ILB)
11 EAGLES = Marvin Austin (North Carolina DT)
12 BRONCOS = Deunta Williams (North Carolina CB)
13 TITANS = Robert Quinn (North Carolina DE)
14 SEAHAWKS = Adrian Clayborn (Iowa DL)
15 STEELERS = Jonathan Baldwin (Pitt WR)
16 BENGALS = Will Hill (Florida S)
17 taterskinS = Andrew Luck (Stanford QB)
18 BEARS = Terrance Toliver (LSU WR)
19 FALCONS = Jared Crick (Nebraska DL)
20 DOLPHINS = Allen Bailey (Miami DT)
21 TEXANS = Prince Amukamara (Nebraska CB)
22 PACKERS = Mark Ingram (Alabama RB)
23 49ERS = Greg Romeus (Pitt DE)
24 CHARGERS = Rahim Moore (UCLA S)
25 JETS = Austin Pettis (Boise State WR)
26 GIANTS = Quan Sturdivant (North Carolina ILB)
27 PATRIOTS = Mike Pouncey (Florida G/C)
28 COWBOYS = Nate Solder (Colorado OT)
29 SAINTS = Bruce Carter (North Carolina OLB)
30 COLTS = Matt Reynolds (BYU OT)
31 RAVENS = Curtis Brown (Texas CB)
32 VIKINGS = Jurrell Casey (USC DT)

phattymatty

i am currently trying to figure out a way to squeeze the psu-bama game in the day before the eagles opener.  not sure if i would be able to stay alive through that.

ice grillin you

just speak with a little twang and dont tell them you know any marlons
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

I am not sure the PSU football team will be alive after that. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee

Invited:
Mizzou
Nebraska
ND
Rutgers

DH

RU Rah Rah. Comin to get you Freddie..

MDS

excited for the games forcibly moved to new meadowlands and/or yankee? the big 10 isnt adding rutgers so it can play big games in central jersey.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

DH

Yea, OK, Toddy. The $102 million expansion will just fall by the wayside now that the Big 10 is calling.

Obviously, the Big 10 wants to expand its footprint, and with RU entering, that footprint doesn't just extend into Piscataway, dummy. With RU in the B10, the conference would now have that footprint in the NYC/Metropolitan area - regardless of whether they played at Rutgers Stadium, Yankee Stadium, New Meadowlands or anywhere for that matter.

Seriously dude - if you plan on being a bigtime sports writer, you may want to have a small idea as to what you're talking about. Just saying.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.