Concrete Field Online Madden League

Started by PhillyPhanInDC, January 05, 2010, 02:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

yeah i think i could have kept it closer if i could learn to run the ball more often, no reason not to with peterson but i like to throw too much. 

advanced the week last night since everyone played and i took my frustrations out on the computer.  had 10 sacks with one person. 

mussa

how the hell do u get multiple sacks like that with one person?
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phattymatty

wasn't doing anything special, i just think the buffalo line is horrible.  plus i knocked cutler out so was going against tyler thigpen for half the game.

one thing i'm curious about is what happens at the end of the season.  there is a link for super bowl history, which means that the league is capable of going many seasons, but i wonder if there is a draft and whatnot. 

mussa

I rarely get more than 2-3 sacks a game total. I guess I'm not blitzing enough?

Yeah apparently the franchise can go on for 8 seasons I think I read. I'm assuming your stuck with the same players and there is no draft or free agents, or resigning players. I wonder what happens with old players, like if they retire. I purposely picked some younger players so they could progress. I'm curious to see if we can all finish one season without somebody falling off.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phattymatty

interesting.  doesn't quite seem fair if players retire and you have to use the FAs to fill those spots. 

mussa

Ok apparently there are 10 seasons. There is a rookie draft at the end of the season. I don't think contracts are even used. I signed a guy off free agents and it didn't go to contract negotiations so there is no money involved I assume. You can't trade away draft picks. I wonder if you can load a draft class from NCAA? I know DMF(JPeso81) has that. That would be sweet. Also I saw that the commissioner can appoint other commissioners to have same controls as him. This might be useful if we want to sim the week along if Phatty would be away. I volunteer for this if thats cool Phatty. I work from home so I can sign on almost anytime I want and move it forward if needed.

http://maddennfl.easports.com/news.action?newsId=onlinefranchiseqa

phattymatty

yeah thats cool, i'll get on at some point tonight and hook you up.

mussa

I just ass raped the computer 70-10. Of course the computer did the ol comeback attempt at the end that was totally unrealistic. I was stopping everything and then they all a sudden are throwing it into spots unimaginable. Ahh well Brees had 5 TDS, Westbrook 3 and Santana Moss brought back 2 kickoffs for TDs. Padding the stats!

PhillyPhanInDC

Buffalo was an awful team. I played them week 2 and dominated on defense, but was testing some things on the offense with my team, but I knocked Cutler out of the game twice.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

mussa

Chiefs are bad too. Jeff Garcia is their QB. Picked thrice

Zanshin

My week is in the books. Got my loss out of the way ;-). Played a game that'll piss me off for days. Sorvok played a really good game, though.

PhillyPhanInDC

DMF, I had school tonight, but the rest of my week is free in the evenings. Let me know what works best for you, and we'll play.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Drunkmasterflex

Yeah dude I actually had school tonight as well.  My first day back in almost 6 years.  Thursday is good for me after 5 just give me a time. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

mussa

mussa

Quote from: Zanshin on January 19, 2010, 10:04:48 PM
My week is in the books. Got my loss out of the way ;-). Played a game that'll piss me off for days. Sorvok played a really good game, though.

shtein I was hoping you'd beat him and we'd be tied for 1st. Sorvok is the only undefeated at this point