2009 Pro-Bowlers

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 29, 2009, 07:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Pimp was voted in as a WR and KOR; first time in league history that's been done.

Jason Peters - starter
Killa - reserve
Asante Samuel - starter
Leonard Weaver - starter

Dawk voted in as a starter for the AFC

BigEd76

and Akers is the kicker

Woodson and DRC were taken instead of Sheldon, and Davis and Witten were taken instead of Celek...

Seabiscuit36

nice, now lets pray that this means that all Birds players will be resting the week before the SB, before their big game :evil :evil :evil
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

good info for andy reid since he will probably wind up coaching this game....again
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

reese125

how the hell does witten get in the pro-bowl with 1 TD? colossal joke

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

He deserved it.

Who was better in the NFC?

Flozell? Hell, he has played better than McKinnie too.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Goddamn right he got hosed, PG.   That's why the Pro Bowl is such a complete laugh riot.   A guy like Sheldon gets passed over yet a turnstile penalty flag magnet like Peters gets to start?

General_Failure

I figured Samuel and Weaver would make it. I figured Jackson had a 50/50 shot. Peters making it is hilarious.

The man. The myth. The legend.

mpmcgraw

I've thought peters has been playing pretty well.

PhillyGirl

Peters has been ok at times, awful at other times, and downright embarrassing at other times.

At no point in this season was he anywhere close to ProBowl worthy.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Drunkmasterflex

If you watch Peters when he is on his game, he is dominant he just blows guys up.  Problem is the penalties and the sacks he gives up.  I agree with Phreak in the NFC there aren't that many good LTs. 

Sheldon not making it is a travesty, I have been critical of this guy throughout his career, but this year he has been unreal. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Eagaholic

Dumerville blew by Peters like he wasn't there yesterday to sack McNabb.

Drunkmasterflex

No doubt that he gets beat for sacks and he definitely needs to improve that, but like we said there aren't that many good LTs in the NFC. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell