2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

cant not love that as long as it doesnt hinder them from long terming werth or choke or whatever

question is why does rodney want to come somewhere where he could very likely be a 7th inning guy. unless they are pushing hard cause lidge isnt going to be healthy anytime soon.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

BigEd76

Eagles_Legendz

That was a remarkably horrible trade for the Braves.  No justification for it.

LBIggle

rumblings of a 2/$12 offer for rodney.  amaro of course saying nothing will be addressed until after christmas.

Eagles_Legendz

They need to do something about the pen and Rodney is better than most of the scrap floating around out there, but I don't like those #s.

Rome

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on December 23, 2009, 12:41:11 AM

The Yankees just got much stronger in the rotation and lost nothing in the process.

Gee... if only "our" GM had the sense to do something similar.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on December 23, 2009, 08:10:23 AM

The Yankees just got much stronger in the rotation and lost nothing in the process.

shtein WILL hit the fan if they get back to the series and have to throw out happ and blanton vs burnett/vaquez/pettite or lackey/lester/matuzaka/bucholz in games three and four

rodney btw would be an amazing pick up...he would be a big time upgrade in the 7/8 inning and excellent insurance for another lidge implosion...you have to make that move
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

If they actually went out and signed Rodney I'd be very happy.  In fact, if that was their intention all along (meaning Rodney & Halladay versus Lee & Rodney) then I could almost buy the Lee for prospects nonsense.

They won't, though.  They'll go the plug and pray route.  Just wait...

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 23, 2009, 09:07:54 AM
Quote from: Rome on December 23, 2009, 08:10:23 AM

shtein WILL hit the fan if they get back to the series and have to throw out happ and blanton vs burnett/vaquez/pettite or lackey/lester/matuzaka/bucholz in games three and four

lol fool

halladay goes 1, 4, 7
nicole goes 2, 6

is vazquez really that much better than happ? should happ not go kendrick on us...
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i love how its just automatic that someone is going to go 1, 4, 7 in a ws and be fine even tho hes never pitched a postseason inning in his entire career

vazquez is a thousand times better than happ

shtein they wouldnt even pitch happ over pedro this year...now hes as good as vasquez...got it

and cole sucks until proven otherwise

lol at your ws rotation

halladay
cole

thats it...thats the list

double lol
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

if they are gonna get to the series cole is going to be cole from 08

they arent there unless he is so you might as well accept it as fact. if it dont happen then who cares its over.

and lol @ vazquez. career 4.19 era. he was $ last year in the nl on a bad team with no pressure. im sure hell be great getting back to the AL. hes an average starter just like happ is.

keep hating on your on squad thats made 2 ws in a row.