2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

its was a forgone conclusion that they were gonna pick it up and its a sign of good faith. if jimmy tears his acl and can never play again they can buy him out or im sure amaro will get some kind of exception for the 8 mil

stop worrying about black people getting paid cash money you dork
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 18, 2009, 10:40:14 AM
the more time shady amaro spends in the league as a GM the more stories like this are gonna come out

Yep.

That dude is a jerkoff.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: jihadist monk on December 18, 2009, 01:39:52 PM
Completely unnecessary at this point and in turn, retarded. 

Tell the truth, you'd be happy with Rafael Belliard right now over Jimmy Rollins.

mpmcgraw

Quote from: MDS on December 18, 2009, 02:18:03 PM
its was a forgone conclusion that they were gonna pick it up and its a sign of good faith. if jimmy tears his acl and can never play again they can buy him out or im sure amaro will get some kind of exception for the 8 mil

stop worrying about black people getting paid cash money you dork
listen if Rollins gets hurt there is less than a 0 % chance that he will let them buy him out as opposed to collecting the 8.5 million he is owed.

MDS

what are the odds that hes going to have a career ending injury
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

It doesn't have to be a career ender just an injury that will effect his 2011 play and the odds are good enough not to risk it by pointlessly excercising the option almost a year ahead of time.

ice grillin you

Quote from: reese125 on December 18, 2009, 01:00:49 PM
Quote from: Eaglez on December 18, 2009, 12:17:23 PM
Lee is a professional.  He'll be missed.  If you thought Banner was a tightwad in trying to balance a 53 man roster then the Phils brass is surmounting that this year with their artificially imposed cap.  5th largest market in the country plus a World Series Championship and a repeat appearance last year yet they are still concerned about having one year where they may have to eat a huge payroll.  Again, I don't know their finances well but as a fan I have a hard time not coming to the conclusion that they should have taken that risk.  

While I agree its hard to understand why they wouldnt go over their budget, they must have a pretty damn good explanation thats beyond our thought.

not really...they have a 140 number they werent going over...giles has said in interviews that even at the 140 number they are losing money..now whether you believe they are losing money or not the fact is it was a salary dump...why do you think toronto had to include six mil in cash in the halladay deal
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Rollins re-upping is the best news I've heard about this team all offseason.  Not because Beane is upset over it but because it's the first sound baseball decision they've made that didn't come with some sort of pain attached to it.

MDS

what pain is there in getting the best pitcher in baseball other than being a miserable old coot

mpmcgraw

Quote from: MDS on December 17, 2009, 02:50:16 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on December 17, 2009, 10:38:31 AM
braves are +/- 3 games of the phils

alrighty $50 spot on the phils winning the nl east this year. lets go you flag.
Igy you might as well give him the money now.

Any chance the Braves got lucky and got within three just went out the window. 

They traded Javier Vasquez for Melky farging Cabrera hahahahah.

PhillyPhreak54

I guess that is the only way they could keep Derek Lowe, eh?

lol at Vazquez going back to NYC.

lol at that fag Melky being in the division now.

ice grillin you

Quote from: jihadist monk on December 22, 2009, 11:47:35 AM
Quote from: MDS on December 17, 2009, 02:50:16 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on December 17, 2009, 10:38:31 AM
braves are +/- 3 games of the phils

alrighty $50 spot on the phils winning the nl east this year. lets go you flag.
Igy you might as well give him the money now.

Any chance the Braves got lucky and got within three just went out the window. 

They traded Javier Vasquez for Melky farging Cabrera hahahahah.

not that i still wont do it but we havent agreed on anything

tommy hanson = nl cy young

MDS

i thought we did you little Hoyda

dont back down now

ice grillin you

i dont see anywhere where we laid out and agreed to exact terms

but as long as i have the braves +3 im in

MDS