The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

off the top of my head no....i think nbc might have started some sunday finals game at 6 or 7 but i totally might be making that up

they are trying to take advantage of the massive horsie lead in. nothing more, nothing less.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Eagles-Cowboys on Thanksgiving was the most-watched TV program of 2014 with 32 million viewers. Pats-Packers was second at 30.9 million
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

what about the oscars, super bowl, previous conference championship games.....those all had more viewers

i guess those are considered specials and since the TG game was part of the regular season package its a "program"

so its fall programs....really good tweet there
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

@sd

what is going on at 975. miss getting crushed by that fat ass....he just lost the demo, too. gargano doing worse than mike and mike did.

ice grillin you

wip lost me as a listener when they brought on ennis so by no means am i defending them but id listen to rush limbaugh before i ever listened to even one second of that other sports station...they cant lose enough as far as im concerned

i ride or die with the original gangsta

SD

Quote from: MDS on June 09, 2015, 07:19:17 PM
@sd

what is going on at 975. miss getting crushed by that fat ass....he just lost the demo, too. gargano doing worse than mike and mike did.

No idea. Innes is lowest common denominator radio. Not saying Miss is great but I question the intelligence of the city when Innes is getting such good ratings. The morning show is a new format, that'll take time. There might be some big upper management changes at 97.5 in the near future. They want a more Philly centric station rather than the generic shtein they throw out there now. They might bring in someone who knows how to hit that market.

PhillyPhreak54

So Gargano is getting whipped too?

And if people voluntarily listen to and like Innes they need a farging lobotomy

MDS

i think he means all the lebron vs. jordan talk. that kind of stuff might be espn fresh take manufacuted debate mandated. but i feel the same way....ashamed for my city that they are digging innis.

the biggest thing 975 needs to do is wait for angelo to retire....then pounce

another thing is they need to poney up and steal the eagles or phils away from wip. the sixers and flyers are nice and all but its peanuts compared to the others.

SD

Quote from: MDS on June 09, 2015, 08:23:59 PM
i think he means all the lebron vs. jordan talk. that kind of stuff might be espn fresh take manufacuted debate mandated. but i feel the same way....ashamed for my city that they are digging innis.

the biggest thing 975 needs to do is wait for angelo to retire....then pounce

another thing is they need to poney up and steal the eagles or phils away from wip. the sixers and flyers are nice and all but its peanuts compared to the others.

Todd is spot on with all of this

They try to steal the Eagles/Phillies every year but it never happens. It's come very close to happening with both teams

MDS

is it money or are they afraid to bail on the institution of wip

i think ed left wip because they were moved to a different station for a phils preseason game or something. the sixers probably left for better exposure but nobody listens to the nba or nhl on the radio anyway.

SD

More the institution. Phils/Eagles want Philly guys and a Philly station. Flyers/Sixers just wanted their own station which is the primary reason they left. I know money wise the fanatic has offered more money to carry both teams. Not overwhelming money but definitely more.

MDS

so its more a reputation thing....they dont want to be like the jaguars or titans who are small time and probably on some rinky dink espn affiliate

975 cutting mike and mike for gargano has got to be a start toward shedding the espn label....if innes is going to be the future of wip i want the fanatic to bury them.

SD

Pretty much although the impression I get is its not so much the rinky dink ESPN crap as it is staying true to Philly. The fanatic isn't Philly enough which is why it's failing.

smeags

wip needs to burn in lava. unless the eagles or ray diddy is on the air i dont tune in.

innes winning the ratings shows how stupid this listening public can be. seriously, wtf.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

innes is marginally worse than missinelli...lets not act like 975 has some amazing show going up against innes that no one is listening too...missinelli farging blows too

the problem is innes is not from philly and thats why i am out...but mike and mike got better ratings than gargano on 975 so the philly thing does not matter to listeners of that station....its a young espn generation audience

smeags its good to know that you are part of the intelligent sports radio listening public...i would have never known