2008 Fantasy Football Who To Start Thread

Started by shorebird, August 29, 2008, 02:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillycrew

I would use CJ instead of Forte.  I think NO is going to score some points causing Chicago to have to abandon the run.

I would go with Cooley over DJax.

Diomedes

The problem is Forte is used heavily in the passing game, so in a PPR league, I'm not sure I'd ever bench Forte.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

reese125

So is Johnson Dio

Wheew...Johnson in a Dome is hard to pass on

I think its a crapshoot either way btween Johnson and Forte for both teams give up yds on the rush

Williams is just farging infuego right now and is impossible to bench

MDS

reggie bush in the snow and cold at chicago
the chance of tashard choice sunday night against nyg

oh boi.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Quote from: reese125 on December 11, 2008, 01:23:14 PM
So is Johnson Dio

Well sure, but Forte has 53 receptions to Johnson's 39, and 269 rushing attempts to Johnson's 222 (with about equal yards).  Clearly Forte is getting more touches and looks.  Moreover, Forte has 10 TDs (6 rushing, 4 rec) to Johnson's 9 (8/1).

In a ppr league, I'm starting Forte.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

shorebird

Derrick Ward vs the Cowboys
Ryan Gant vs the Jaguars

Just heard that Jacobs is sitting, and Ward is getting his first start.

PhillyPhanInDC

I think you gotta go with Ward. As he goes, the Giants will go. He's been great when he has gotten the ball,  and should get at least 100 combined yards and all the short yardage work. Ryan Grant has been way too consistent all year to try and lean on in the playoffs.

I'm prett sure I am going to start Devone Bess (PPR league) today, but I am not sure who to start him over. I've got DJax, who had a horrible game last week, or Jason Witten and all the BS with TO that has been going on down in Big D. I've gotta pick on of the two, and at this point I am leaning toward Witten and Bess. Houshmanzadeh is my other WR/TE. Does anyone think D Jax is going to a good game tomorrow night???
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

shorebird

Well, that was pretty much a wash. Giants looked like crap all around. Grant would have gotten' me two more pts., but I have Bwest going tonight. My opponent has the Eagles D and I have a 23 pt. lead going in, so it looks like I'm Superbowl bound.

rjs246

Two championship games for money:

1. Pick 2:
     - Michael Turner vs. Minn
     - Adrien Peterson vs. Atl
     - Steve Slaton vs. Oak

2. Pick 3:
     - Michael Turner vs. Minn
     - Marion Barber vs. Bal
     - Steve Slaton vs. Oak
     - Ryan Grant vs. Chi
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

reese125

1) Slaton and Peterson

2) Turner and Slaton and Grant

How much do I get?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: reese125 on December 16, 2008, 11:17:18 AM
1) Slaton and Peterson

2) Turner and Slaton

How much do I get?

None.  He told you to pick three from the second set.  You suck at teh math.

reese125

rjs246

Last question for both leagues:

Indy D vs. Jax
Houston D vs. Oak
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

shorebird

Pick two.....
Brian Westbrook
Ryan Gant