2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Radano was on WIP this morning and said Rollins has been nothing but a prima donna pain in the ass since winning the MVP and he wants a new contract of at least $10M+/yr.  3 for his last 18 and 0 for 5 last night.  The offense is total ish when he's not doing anything...

And stop throwing Durbin out there for the 8th, Charlie.  He can't handle it, stupid hick....

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on August 14, 2008, 10:20:41 AM
what about the time the phillies scored 20 on them and somebody hit a double in the 7th inning and they acted like it was the game winning hit of the World Series?

yeah, i would love to be that type of fan

like i said they are middle americans...i dont wanna be them...but its still a great baseball city

phillie fans these days dont have much room to criticize anyone after the atrocity that goes on down at the bank these days...the new phillie fan is as sickening as it gets
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

lol, Forbes' list of most loyal includes pittsburgh and atlanta in their top 5...yeah, that's credible
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

its a lot like ff talking about sports...money lovers should not be analyzing sports

basically what they are saying is its not a matter of how many fans you have... its the difference between your attendance when your winning and your attendance when your losing

what they determined is a team that draws 11K when they lose and 13K when they win has a more "loyal" fanbase than a team that draws 20K when they lose and 40K when they win

its retarded to say the least

SunMo

but yet you posted it...stop playing with my mind man
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 14, 2008, 10:46:12 AM
its a lot like ff talking about sports...money lovers should not be analyzing sports

Don't hate on the player, bro-dawg.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 14, 2008, 10:19:05 AM
even tho they are MA's st louis is arguably the best baseball city in the country...i have nothing bad to to say about them

That's all fine and dandy, but lets see how supportive they are when they have an ownership like the Phillies and go through the type of drought Phils fans have. People used to say the same thing about Rams fans, but they've suddenly fallen off the face of the earth.

ice grillin you

ive never heard one single positive thing said about st louis football fans

where as st louis is a legendary baseball city

philly cant be the best in everything guys

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 14, 2008, 11:00:45 AM
ive never heard one single positive thing said about st louis football fans

where as st louis is a legendary baseball city

I'm not comparing our fanbases, I'm simply pointing out its much easier to be a happy life is swell fan when your team has actually done something worth a damn within the past 5-10 years. Sporting News named St. Loius it's best sports city after the Rams little run, and everyone from TV analyst to every schmuck that bought a Faulk/Warner jersey spouted off how great and loyal their fans were.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 14, 2008, 11:00:45 AM

But the one thing we know for sure is that the Flyers are bigger than the Sixers in Philly.

ice grillin you

that sporting news best city thing every year is pure garbage

SD_Eagle5

Of course it is, but it shows that its easy to say how great fans are of a certain city when their teams are doing well year after year.

Rome

That was my point yesterday.  The Eagles, Phillies & Flyers haven't won anything in a collective 109 years yet we still show up night after night and watch these farging clowns, yet Rollins has the nerve to suggest we're front-runners.

Calling us bandwagoners is so laughable it's not even worth a rebuttle.  It is worth a hearty farg you, though.

Seabiscuit36

for Jimmy to say that is sickening.  They farging suck for years, and everyone still supported them, maybe Jimmy should go to Miami and play for the Marlins. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 14, 2008, 11:11:53 AM
Of course it is, but it shows that its easy to say how great fans are of a certain city when their teams are doing well year after year.

but its not a best fans thing...its a best sports city...basically whoevers teams do the collective best that year wins