07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

DH

Quote from: dis12 on May 01, 2008, 12:03:14 PM
Quote from: Rome on May 01, 2008, 08:36:18 AM
50 canadiens fans in the bar again last night.  they didn't utter a peep until it went to 2-2.  then they talked shtein in french until briere scored.  after that, not so much.
hate.
If they show up the the bar again, try this on them: 
Hé l'homme de grenouille, retourner à Canada et au cri avec le repos de vos compatriotes désolés. Nous n'avons pas besoin de vos types odeures ici !

followed with a big farg le Habitants, clap,clap...clap,clap,clap.

When the hell did you learn frog?

rjs246

Quote from: Rome on May 01, 2008, 01:27:14 PM
is there a more meaningless statistic in sports than plus/minus?

It is far from a meaningless stat, especially when you start getting down into the -20+ range. That represents a huge problem.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on May 01, 2008, 01:44:38 PM

It is far from a meaningless stat, especially when you start getting down into the -20+ range.

especially on a good team...its pretty much impossible to have as many pts as briere did be on a playoff team and end up at -23
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

dis12

Quote from: Die-Hard on May 01, 2008, 01:32:02 PM
Quote from: dis12 on May 01, 2008, 12:03:14 PM
Quote from: Rome on May 01, 2008, 08:36:18 AM
50 canadiens fans in the bar again last night.  they didn't utter a peep until it went to 2-2.  then they talked shtein in french until briere scored.  after that, not so much.
hate.
If they show up the the bar again, try this on them: 
Hé l'homme de grenouille, retourner à Canada et au cri avec le repos de vos compatriotes désolés. Nous n'avons pas besoin de vos types odeures ici !

followed with a big farg le Habitants, clap,clap...clap,clap,clap.

When the hell did you learn frog?
I spent 2 summers at Université de Paris where I learned libérer la traduction.com
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 01, 2008, 01:55:37 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on May 01, 2008, 01:44:38 PM

It is far from a meaningless stat, especially when you start getting down into the -20+ range.

especially on a good team...its pretty much impossible to have as many pts as briere did be on a playoff team and end up at -23

Don't disagree with you there, but one thing to keep in mind is Briere had 39 of his 72 pts this year on the PP.  He only had 33 even strength points which will skew his +/- a bit.

ice grillin you

no other top line players play on their teams PP?

Eagles_Legendz

The majority of the elite scorers in the league do not have such a significant percentage of their points on the power play.  Briere, for stretches this season, was dreadful even strength, defensively and offensively.  33 even strength points is not that many in a season.  Doesn't justify a -23, but it explains it more easily.  Good luck finding many other 70+ point players who only have 33 even strength points.

Rome

meaningless stat.

wayne gretzky had 130 points in 1993/94 and his plus-minus was -25. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on May 01, 2008, 02:38:35 PM
Good luck finding many other 70+ point players who only have 33 even strength points.

i would hope not thats pretty pathetic since most of the game is played at even strength

Rome

It judges a player's effectiveness on an individual basis, but the figures come from tabulating a group effort.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Rome on May 01, 2008, 02:38:48 PM
meaningless stat.

wayne gretzky had 130 points in 1993/94 and his plus-minus was -25. 

Briere is no Wayne Gretsky.

He's better by +2!

Rome

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 01, 2008, 02:40:26 PM
Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on May 01, 2008, 02:38:35 PM
Good luck finding many other 70+ point players who only have 33 even strength points.

i would hope not thats pretty pathetic since most of the game is played at even strength

Depends who is refereeing.   :evil

igy, I already included a statement that you didn't quote in my last post that Briere was playing poorly for large stretches of the season even strength.  You will get no disagreement from me. 

He's been good in the playoffs so far, however, and has actually backchecked far more regularly. 

ice grillin you

i agree with all that cept the backchecking part...unless by better you mean really bad instead of horrid