07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerevant

C'mon, he touched the puck within the last 5 minutes, so he's fair game.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

rjs246

Montreal fans claiming that it was a soft call is stupid beyond belief. The sheer number of power plays that the Canadiens have had should preclude them from pissing and moaning about anything.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on May 01, 2008, 09:09:26 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 01, 2008, 09:07:44 AM
Quote from: SunMo on May 01, 2008, 09:04:09 AM
he gives game winners...belee dat

often to the other team

i didn't realize that he was always the one solely responsible for the goal given up when his line was on the ice

not always but a lot...i give him full credit for the playoffs hes had hes had some big goals...but its easy to recognize the guy who scores a goal and give him 100% credit for it and say hes playing awesome but not so much the guy who gives one up...especially a forward...
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Quote from: rjs246 on May 01, 2008, 09:23:47 AM
Montreal fans claiming that it was a soft call is stupid beyond belief. The sheer number of power plays that the Canadiens have had should preclude them from pissing and moaning about anything.

Um, they were complaining after game 3 that the calls were slanted the FLYERS way and that they got shafted in that game.

No joke.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 01, 2008, 09:25:42 AM

often to the other team

i didn't realize that he was always the one solely responsible for the goal given up when his line was on the ice

not always but a lot...i give him full credit for the playoffs hes had hes had some big goals...but its easy to recognize the guy who scores a goal and give him 100% credit for it and say hes playing awesome but not so much the guy who gives one up...especially a forward...

Briere was on the ice for both of Montreal's goals last night... for example. IGY and FF are right about Briere. He is what he is. I mean, the guy had a -23 this season so no one should be shocked by the risk reward reality of having him on the ice. He's playing at an extremely high level offensively and that's why he's on the team. End of story.

Let them eat bootstraps.

rjs246

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 01, 2008, 09:26:00 AM
Quote from: rjs246 on May 01, 2008, 09:23:47 AM

Um, they were complaining after game 3 that the calls were slanted the FLYERS way and that they got shafted in that game.

No joke.

Well what do you expect? They're dumbass canadians.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

nothing would make me happier than destroying the desperate hope of canadians that the stanley cup will return to canada this season.  well, other than seeing sindey crosby paralyzed on the ice after a dirty hit from downie.

Seabiscuit36

Briere is the most Clutch player this team has had. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

dis12

Quote from: Rome on May 01, 2008, 08:36:18 AM
50 canadiens fans in the bar again last night.  they didn't utter a peep until it went to 2-2.  then they talked shtein in french until briere scored.  after that, not so much.
hate.
If they show up the the bar again, try this on them: 
Hé l'homme de grenouille, retourner à Canada et au cri avec le repos de vos compatriotes désolés. Nous n'avons pas besoin de vos types odeures ici !

followed with a big farg le Habitants, clap,clap...clap,clap,clap.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: rjs246 on May 01, 2008, 09:30:14 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 01, 2008, 09:25:42 AM

often to the other team

Briere was on the ice for both of Montreal's goals last night... for example. IGY and FF are right about Briere. He is what he is. I mean, the guy had a -23 this season so no one should be shocked by the risk reward reality of having him on the ice. He's playing at an extremely high level offensively and that's why he's on the team. End of story.

Sure, but I think he's been far more defensively responsible since the playoffs began.  Neither goal had anything to do with Briere last night, both being two unfortunate deflections.  I agree that his defense is lackluster, often, but he's stepped it up in the playoffs and hasn't made many defensive zone gaffes so far.

Rome

is there a more meaningless statistic in sports than plus/minus?

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Rome on May 01, 2008, 01:27:14 PM

shots on goal

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Rome on May 01, 2008, 01:27:14 PM

VORP