07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

They seem to draft offensive minded Dmen in the 3rd or later for some reason.  Last year they went up and got Kevin Marshall who is a Dman thats plays a middle of the road game, but plays a little dirty.  I liked the Pick of Ratchuck 2 years ago, he's a fast offensive minded Dman. 

One player you'll love IGY is Andreas Nodl.  He's austrian, a very fast fluid skater who has a great shot, and playmaking ablitiy.  His game is patterend after countryment Tomas Vanek.  He's one of those players that makes people miss when they go to hit him because he's very shifty.  He's also a Euro who was being trained to be an ice skater then transitioned into hockey.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: SunMo on March 17, 2008, 01:08:31 PM
somebody pointed out that they have X number of guys who are going to score 20+ goals.  that screams mediocre.  they need like 4 guys who can score 20+ goals, 1 guy who will get them 30 goals and a legit stud who is a 40+ goal threat every year

they have too many guys that rely on hard work too score, Knuble, Hartnell, Umberger, etc... guys who get garbage goals and deflections.  they need some offensive creativity and skill too.  even gagne isn't really a finisher.  he's not a guy that can take the puck down the wing and beat a goalie, he needs someone to set him up.

That was me. Again, where do you want them to get these stud 40-50 goal scorers from? They don't grow on trees and noone is going to trade them. The Flyers biggest problem was sucking ass the year there was shtein talent available to draft.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 17, 2008, 01:41:47 PM
Quote from: SunMo on March 17, 2008, 01:08:31 PM
somebody pointed out that they have X number of guys who are going to score 20+ goals.  that screams mediocre.  they need like 4 guys who can score 20+ goals, 1 guy who will get them 30 goals and a legit stud who is a 40+ goal threat every year

they have too many guys that rely on hard work too score, Knuble, Hartnell, Umberger, etc... guys who get garbage goals and deflections.  they need some offensive creativity and skill too.  even gagne isn't really a finisher.  he's not a guy that can take the puck down the wing and beat a goalie, he needs someone to set him up.

The Flyers biggest problem was sucking ass the year there was shtein talent available to draft.
The worst part is the only player with skill was Kane, and they even lost out on the lottery
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

poor flyers

the whole world is against them
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

SunMo

$100 says they would've taken JVR with the #1 pick
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: SunMo on March 17, 2008, 01:54:02 PM
$100 says they would've taken JVR with the #1 pick

Holmgren said in an interview after the selection he would have

SunMo

Seabiscuit36

what else is he going to say.  Only they know what the real choice would have been.  I wanted Turris and was really pissed when they went with JVR but there aint shtein i can do about it

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on March 17, 2008, 01:56:24 PM
what else is he going to say.  Only they know what the real choice would have been.  I wanted Turris and was really pissed when they went with JVR but there aint shtein i can do about it

You really think they'd take a small talented guy over a guy 6'4? No freakin way. I'm not judging the pick until JVR plays

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 17, 2008, 02:01:51 PM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on March 17, 2008, 01:56:24 PM

You really think they'd take a small talented guy over a guy 6'4? No freakin way. I'm not judging the pick until JVR plays
Ive watched him play for UNH, and in the World Jrs and he's impressed me more than Turris has, but kane has been spectacular playing with the big boys

SunMo

it's embarrassing how flat this team looks

Seabiscuit36

richards just scored an angry goal, love the guy

SunMo

dis12

C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***