07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

I hate shootouts. Stevens letting Giroux take the first shot was beyond stupid.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 19, 2008, 01:41:37 PM
romey said stanley cup this year

Right - that's just what I said.  I said they could contend for the Finals and they still can.  Teams go into slumps all the time, dude.  Look at the Red Wings... they've lost six straight.  Is all "lost" for them too?

Dingus.

SunMo

Richards played like shtein tonight...in fact, he's one of the main reasons the power play is so bad right now...they need to get him off the point for awhile..

Quote from: SD_Eagle on February 19, 2008, 10:25:54 PM
I hate shootouts. Stevens letting Giroux take the first shot was beyond stupid.

why?  their team sucks at shootouts, might as well let the kid with offensive creativity take a chance.  at least he got a shot off, unlike Briere
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

I don't know, maybe because he's a rookie in his first game. I'd rather see someone like Carter or Richards take the first shot.

SunMo

have you seen Carter on breakaways?  he's awful.

Richards i can see maybe, but he was terrible tonight
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

Richards has been awful almost the entire losing streak. Pains me to say that but his play has really been on the decline.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SD_Eagle on February 19, 2008, 11:11:00 PM
I don't know, maybe because he's a rookie in his first game. I'd rather see someone like Carter or Richards take the first shot.

They're something like 1-10 in shootouts.  May as well try something different.

SD_Eagle5

They did try something different...Timonen...it worked!

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SD_Eagle on February 19, 2008, 11:31:53 PM
They did try something different...Timonen...it worked!

May as well have run Dowd, Kapaned and Cote out there.  Could they do any worse?

SD_Eagle5

Kapanen wouldn't have been a bad idea, he was arguably the best (Flyers) forward on the ice tonight.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on February 19, 2008, 11:19:44 PM
Richards has been awful almost the entire losing streak. Pains me to say that but his play has really been on the decline.

not so much awful as being what he really is which is at best a #2 center but more suited as a #3.....before this year his offensive game was non existent so he was not on anyones radar...when he started playing over his head people caught on and started marking him and now hes getting taken out of most games because he doesnt have the talent to overcome the attention he is now getting...unfortunately the team doesnt have enough talent where he can be properly slotted
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

My biggest gripe with his play as of late isn't with his point production (although that has been awful along with the rest of the team), it's more with him being so irresponsible with the puck. He's been a turnover machine lately.

Munson

Quote from: SD_Eagle on February 20, 2008, 10:09:18 AM
My biggest gripe with his play as of late isn't with his point production (although that has been awful along with the rest of the team), it's more with him being so irresponsible with the puck. He's been a turnover machine lately.

Exactly what I was thinking. He's been very careless with the puck, especially in his own zone/neutral zone.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

BigEd76

-- Gagne is officially done for the season

-- Vandermeer was traded to Calgary for a 2009 3rd-rd pick

Wingspan

With the Flyer history in concussion medicine, Gagne has about 10 more NHL games in him before he's dead.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.