Best/Worst liked Dog Breeds

Started by hbionic, July 12, 2007, 07:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philly Crew

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 04, 2007, 03:45:54 PM
get a Puggle you fag

Seriously, if you want a pug, and are willing to deal with the medical issues, then just get an English Bulldog
http://www.bulldogsofjoppatowne.com/

I loved my bulldog but they are definitely a medical problem.  Can't take the money with you, I loved that little moneypit.
I'm bringing sexy back

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Philly Crew on October 04, 2007, 08:43:57 PM
get a Puggle you fag

Seriously, if you want a pug, and are willing to deal with the medical issues, then just get an English Bulldog

I loved my bulldog but they are definitely a medical problem.  Can't take the money with you, I loved that little moneypit.

I had a bulldog for a while a few years back and he had some medical issues too.  Nothing that I would consider serious or life threatening but stuff that needed more attention, work and money than I was able to put into it.  Ultimately I decided it was best for him to be elsewhere because it wasn't fair to him to be locked up inside for 10 hours a day while I was at work.  So I found a bulldog "farm" that would take him, get him all the proper medical treatment he needed and then find him a family that would be able to provide him more constant attention and care than I could.   

He was a great dog though.  Very affectionate and loyal.  Maybe when I retire I'll get another one when I have more time to spend with it. 

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Philly Crew on October 04, 2007, 08:43:57 PM
get a Puggle you fag

I'm definitely getting an english bulldog in the next 10 years, love the dogs, its just that medically they have so many problems. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on October 04, 2007, 08:42:10 PM
Are they fat pugs? Maybe that's part of the problem. My pug loves to walk, and will even enjoy an occasional trot if the temperature isn't too high outside.

This makes me laugh. My Great Dane/Black Lab mix will basically sprint until her muscles collapse no matter what time of day/year it is or the temperature. A dog that will sometimes think about walking slightly faster than average is outside of my comprehension.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

mussa

american bulldogs have less problems and are bigger and faster. i love the english ones, but id want a dog thats active and has less issues
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

after my 3 Goldens, i'm ready for a lazy dog that just wants to sleep and drink
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 05, 2007, 07:52:45 AM

Goldens are just that.  But you have to wait until they're about 7 or 8 years old before they finally calm down.  If mine isn't eating, dropping a deuce or pissing then he's probably laying down. 

reese125

QuoteBut you have to wait until they're about 7 or 8 years old before they finally calm down.

be fortunate to get there with their history of hip dysplasia. Im praying for my guy

PoopyfaceMcGee

reese125

what am i looking at here, what am I pushing to get there...talk to me guy..

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 05, 2007, 08:43:31 AM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 05, 2007, 07:52:45 AM

Goldens are just that.  But you have to wait until they're about 7 or 8 years old before they finally calm down.  If mine isn't eating, dropping a deuce or pissing then he's probably laying down. 
My parents golden is turning 9, and he's that perfect lazy dog.  My grandparents call him Walter because he reminds them of some lazy dog from some old western.  My pup is still a maniac, i recently just broke him of his jumping habit(i hope).

PoopyfaceMcGee

They're in "Snoopy Indoors".  Party time.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: rjs246 on October 04, 2007, 10:59:48 PM
Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on October 04, 2007, 08:42:10 PM
Are they fat pugs? Maybe that's part of the problem. My pug loves to walk, and will even enjoy an occasional trot if the temperature isn't too high outside.

This makes me laugh. My Great Dane/Black Lab mix will basically sprint until her muscles collapse no matter what time of day/year it is or the temperature. A dog that will sometimes think about walking slightly faster than average is outside of my comprehension.

If this was an actual competition, I'd be happy for you.

rjs246

It is a competition. And I just won. As usual.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Father Demon

Quote from: mussa on October 05, 2007, 07:39:44 AM
american bulldogs have less problems and are bigger and faster. i love the english ones, but id want a dog thats active and has less issues

I have been wanting an American Bulldog since my pitbull died in February.  I can't wait to get one someday.

Cute.

Cool.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.