Best/Worst liked Dog Breeds

Started by hbionic, July 12, 2007, 07:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

Zanshin

Pugs are kind of a pain in the ass, I think.  They shed WAY more than you think they should, and they can't walk three feet without gasping for breath.  I've seen som Jugs (Jack Russell/Pug mixes) that look similar, but don't have some of the problems.  Besides it would be cool to talk about how much you like Jugs in mixed company.

rjs246

General rule with any pure breed is that they will have some farging weird inbred health problems.

(Just in case you've never heard of dogs.)
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

Quote from: Zanshin on October 04, 2007, 03:31:21 PM
and they can't walk three feet without gasping for breath. 

thats kinda what makes me want one.

phattymatty

I've seen som Jugs (Jack Russell/Pug mixes) that look similar, but don't have some of the problems.  Besides it would be cool to talk about how much you like Jugs in mixed company.

yes i've been looking into these guys too.  and the puggles are cool looking, but they're way to small and girly.  i don't think i could possibly walk one around town without feeling ashamed of myself.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Just leave your johnson hanging out of your pants, and it should balance your delicate ego.

Seabiscuit36

get a Puggle you fag

Seriously, if you want a pug, and are willing to deal with the medical issues, then just get an English Bulldog
http://www.bulldogsofjoppatowne.com/

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

puggle is a definite no.

and i have been looking into bulldogs.  either them or pugs.  it's just something about their squished up wrinkled faces that i like.

hbionic

Quote from: rjs246 on October 04, 2007, 03:38:33 PM
General rule with any pure breed is that they will have some farging weird inbred health problems.

(Just in case you've never heard of dogs.)

:-D :-D :-D
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

hbionic

Quote from: phattymatty on October 04, 2007, 03:48:49 PMt's just something about their squished up wrinkled faces that i like.

Phatty, you've been hanging out at Sarge's mom's place WAY too much.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

phattymatty

yep, i want a dog that looks like her.

Sgt PSN

Susquehanna Birder

Pugs are kind of a pain in the ass, I think.  They shed WAY more than you think they should, and they can't walk three feet without gasping for breath.  I've seen som Jugs (Jack Russell/Pug mixes) that look similar, but don't have some of the problems.  Besides it would be cool to talk about how much you like Jugs in mixed company.

In the summer they do have problems with the heat...but it's not because they can't walk more than three feet.

The shedding is an issue. If you own a lot of dark clothing, invest in a case of those sticky lint rollers.

Pugs are cool in their own way. I would definitely consider another one. Either that or a boston terrier. But then again, no dog would mean much easier vacation plans...

Zanshin

I don't know...I see pugs in the dog park all the time, and they act like they're going to keel after they run 10 feet.

Susquehanna Birder

Are they fat pugs? Maybe that's part of the problem. My pug loves to walk, and will even enjoy an occasional trot if the temperature isn't too high outside.