Muscle Dog

QuotePosted by: jewish settler 9 minutes ago

i'd hit it.. is his cock bigger too....

HA!
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Wingspan on July 16, 2007, 11:05:31 AM
Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on July 16, 2007, 09:01:32 AM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on July 15, 2007, 01:59:08 AMI could have broke his neck right there.  The worst part is how unaware he was of what he did.  He had no idea/care how angry we were. 

He was just being a puppy. You put him in a situation where an accident could happen. Maybe you had an unconscious desire to trash the whiteness of your life.

One of the most common mistakes people make with owning a dog is using the excuse "He's just being a puppy."

What dogs can get away with as a puppy are all things they think they can do with as adults. If you fail to disipline your dog as a puppy, when you do disipline them as adults for something they "got away with" before, all it does is confuse them.

From the second you bring a dog home, you should set the rules, and never sway from them. The first time they jump up, you knee them in the chest...firmly, they'll get it rather quickly.

I think you're putting words in my mouth. I didn't say the dog's behavior was right...it was just innocent, and not worthy of the hate being projected on it. And suggesting that the blame was being misplaced.

Wingspan

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on July 16, 2007, 01:04:42 PM
Quote from: Wingspan on July 16, 2007, 11:05:31 AM
Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on July 16, 2007, 09:01:32 AM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on July 15, 2007, 01:59:08 AMI could have broke his neck right there.  The worst part is how unaware he was of what he did.  He had no idea/care how angry we were. 

He was just being a puppy. You put him in a situation where an accident could happen. Maybe you had an unconscious desire to trash the whiteness of your life.

One of the most common mistakes people make with owning a dog is using the excuse "He's just being a puppy."

What dogs can get away with as a puppy are all things they think they can do with as adults. If you fail to disipline your dog as a puppy, when you do disipline them as adults for something they "got away with" before, all it does is confuse them.

From the second you bring a dog home, you should set the rules, and never sway from them. The first time they jump up, you knee them in the chest...firmly, they'll get it rather quickly.

I think you're putting words in my mouth. I didn't say the dog's behavior was right...it was just innocent, and not worthy of the hate being projected on it. And suggesting that the blame was being misplaced.

Nah, that wasnt in direct response to your comments to you. Only in that a lot of people say that when a dog misbehaves, making excuses for it when it's usually the owners lack of prior disipline that lead to the event. 

Meaning a 1 year old dog should be well over jumping up on people.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Phanatic

Both of my dogs are dirty mud bloods.

Diomedes

Quote from: hbionic on July 16, 2007, 11:33:10 AM
Muscle Dog

That's a whippet..they have been so inbred that there is a chromosonal defect which occurs pretty often that produces what they call "bully" whippets, or something like that.  farging revolting.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

I prefer hound dogs. Beagles, Bassets, etc.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

NGM

My family has had a Weimaraner for about 10 years now.  I have to say that this is by far the best dog my family has ever owned.  They often get a bad rap because people by the dog because it looks good and fail to exercise the thing properly.  Like most big dogs, if you give it plenty of exercise for the two years you own it, it will turn out well for you. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

shorebird

Quote from: Dillen on July 15, 2007, 12:40:32 PM
My chocolate is about to turn a year old in a couple weeks, and he's not really a pain in the ass anymore. He used to tear up everything in sight a couple months ago. He is shedding like a motherfarger too.

Yeah, they all grow out of the chewing crap eventually. It helps if you keep stuff for them, but my dog will go through a 5 dolla' rawhide in a couple of hours. It gets expensive.

My Dog is now around 18 months. He is very well trained and I attribute that to the proper use of a shock collar. Some people don't like it, but for a big dog like a Lab, if used correctly and humanly, it works like a charm. My dog obeys my every command. My kids walk him around the neighborhood without a leash. Just the collar.

rjs246

After reading up a bit I think I've decided on an American mastiff whenever I get another dog.

Positives: Selective breeding has improved the health of the (relatively new) breed. They have been bred to be dry-mouthed, so no Turner and Hooch-ing all over the place which is a big concern for a lot of potential mastiff owners. Loyal, lazy and family friendly. Fine in a house or apartment. HUGE. Patriotic.
Negatives: 30-pound poops.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Phanatic

I once ran into someone who had a St. Bernard that had the drooling bred out of him. What a great dog too. I think some bigger dogs have a shorter life span too.

Phanatic

Quote from: Phanatic on July 20, 2007, 10:44:53 AM
I once ran into someone who had a St. Bernard that had the drooling bred out of him. What a great dog too. I think some bigger dogs have a shorter life span though.

rjs246

American Mastiffs have a 10-12 year life expectancy.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Dillen

Quote from: rjs246 on July 20, 2007, 09:13:32 AM
After reading up a bit I think I've decided on an American mastiff whenever I get another dog.

Positives: Selective breeding has improved the health of the (relatively new) breed. They have been bred to be dry-mouthed, so no Turner and Hooch-ing all over the place which is a big concern for a lot of potential mastiff owners. Loyal, lazy and family friendly. Fine in a house or apartment. HUGE. Patriotic.
Negatives: 30-pound poops.
My neighbors used to have two of those. They're farging huge. Really nice and friendly dogs too.

Zanshin

Quote from: rjs246 on July 20, 2007, 10:46:07 AM
American Mastiffs have a 10-12 year life expectancy.

Sure, but will it have crazy dog rape sex with your toddler to help your kid pass the time?  See, some people don't think of this stuff...but that should totally be on your "must have" list.  Pit Bull is the way to go.